Cryptic Disk 2.8.0
Cryptic Disk 2.8.0 Ranking & Summary
Cryptic Disk 2.8.0 description
Cryptic Disk 2.8.0 is designed as a professional and useful solution for you to make transparent encryption of disks and partitions.
Cryptic Disk will provide a simple and affordable way to protect disks and disk partitions by encrypting them. The encrypted data cannot be accessed without entering the password, even if a hacker gets access to a PC or the hard drive is stolen.
The program uses the AES 256-bit encryption algorithm, the same type of encryption that NASA, the FBI and the Department of Defense use to protect their data. Encrypting and decrypting takes one click and does not require a PhD in mathematics or computer science.
Cryptic Disk can be used either at home or in the office. The program supports multiple users with different degrees of access privileges, as set by the system administrator. Each user will then have access to the encrypted data that he or she has the access rights to, but not to the data of others.
Naturally, Cryptic Disk has been designed to work with hard drives, but the program can be used with removable storage media, such as USB Flash drives.
Once the data is encrypted, the files cannot be accessed by any person who does not know the password. After decryption, all files become accessible and the hard drive works normally.
- The product's general characteristics
- Supports 64-bit versions and Microsoft® Windows® Vista®.
- Multi-language interface.
- Disk encryption.
- A possibility to encrypt any kind of storage devices (hard drives, USB-disks, Flash drives, etc.
- Disk partition encryption.
- A possibility to encrypt partitions (logical volumes) on hard drives.
- Easy conversion to a regular disk.
- Encrypted disks and disk partitions can always be converted back to regular ones.
- Automatic and user-transparent data encryption (“on-the-fly” disk encryption).
- Strong and reliable cryptographic data encryption algorithms.
- AES with the key length of 256 bit and the CBC operation mode.
- User-friendly interface.
- The program’s interface is designed taking into consideration all the usability requirements and is highly understandable and convenient even for an inexperienced PC user.
- No installation required to run the program.
- Quick connection.
- Cryptic Disk allows mounting encrypted disks and changing their properties immediately after their creation without any operating system restart or device reconnection needed.
- Safe and correct disconnection.
- Upon the system shutdown, the Cryptic Disk process is the last to end, which enables other applications to finish work with files on encrypted disks correctly.
- A reliable key generation system.
- The encryption key is generated subject to several dozens of constantly changing internal IDs of the operating system, MS Windows CryptoAPI, keystrokes on the keyboard and mouse movements. Also, in key generation reliable algorithms are used for pool transformation after every new value added. The pool is updated two times per second.
- Plug-in system.
- The system of plug-in options for enhancing the basic functionalities of the program (for example, a plug-in option for running any scenarios on the encrypted disk after its connection or before disconnecting it).
- Emergency disconnection.
- Upon entering the hot keys combination (for example, “Ctrl+Alt+D”) all the connected encrypted disks will be disconnected.
- Multi-access system.
- Multi-user access mode with restriction of access rights for encrypted disks.
- Local network access to the encrypted disks.
- Access rights are set in the operating system only once to be saved for further connections.
- Local network access settings saved.
- Upon the program restart this function ensures saving and restoring the list of shared resources of the encrypted disks.
- Password protected Cryptic Disk launch.
- Password protection of launching the program itself.
- Hot Key system.
- To ensure quick access to such functions as “disk mounting”, “disconnection of disks”, etc., hot keys can be set.
- Automatic disk connection.
- A user can enter the access key to the encrypted disk and the program will make independent attempts to mount each disk to the system. This feature increases convenience of working with the program.
- Automatic disk disconnection.
- Multi-function customized system of automatic disk disconnection in various user-unattended cases.
- Command line.
- A possibility to use all the program functions in the command line, which enables automation of any features of the program.
- Saving the encryption key to a file.
- In case a user looses the password, the program provides for an optional export of the encryption key to separate file.
- The encryption driver of Cryptic Disk now has a digital signature, which enables creating encrypted disks in all the 64-bit operating systems (Windows Vista, 2008 Server and Windows 7).
Cryptic Disk 2.8.0 Screenshot
Cryptic Disk 2.8.0 Keywords
Bookmark Cryptic Disk 2.8.0
Cryptic Disk 2.8.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.