Cygwin 1.7.11-1 Ranking & Summary
Cygwin 1.7.11-1 description
Cygwin 1.7.11-1 delivers a fully functional and flexible utility which enables you to have Linux environment on Windows systems. It consists of a DLL (cygwin1.dll), which acts as an emulation layer providing substantial POSIX (Portable Operating System Interface) system call functionality, and a collection of tools, which provide a Linux look and feel. The Cygwin DLL works with all x86 versions of Windows since Windows 95.
It consists of two parts:
- A DLL (cygwin1.dll) which acts as a Linux emulation layer providing substantial Linux API functionality.
- A collection of tools, which provide Linux look and feel.
Cygwin is not a way to run native linux apps on Windows. You have to rebuild your application from source if you want to get it running on Windows. Cygwin is not a way to magically make native Windows apps aware of UNIX functionality, like signals, ptys, etc. Again, you need to build your apps from source if you want to take advantage of Cygwin functionality.
Note also that, by default, setup.exe does not install everything. Only the base cygwin distribution is installed by default. When running setup.exe, clicking on categories and packages in the package installation screen will provide you with the ability to control what is installed or updated.
For instance, clicking on the "Default" field next to the "All" category will provide you with the opportunity to install every Cygwin package. Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern 32 bit versions of Windows, except Windows CE.
- What's new:
- New pldd command for listing DLLs loaded by a process.
- New API: scandirat.
- What changed:
- Fixed problem where background Cygwin processes kept the windows console window from exiting.
- Change the way remote shares mapped to drive letters are recognized when creating the cygdrive directory. If Windows claims the drive is unavailable, don't show it in the cygdrive directory listing.
- Lower the stack pressure in some Cygwin calls by reducing the buffer space allocated on the stack.
- Raise default stacksize of pthreads from 512K to 1 Meg. It can still be changed using the pthread_attr_setstacksize call.
- Assorted bugfixes:
- Process.h header has been moved back from /usr/include/cygwin to /usr/include.
header C++ clean.
- Fix a bug in fork which results in false positives
for C99 mode.
- Fix setting the USERPROFILE variable when switching the user context.
- Fix a SEGV in pthread_cond_timedwait.
- Fix a return value bug in getitimer.
- Fix bug in write() call which disallowed writing to /dev/dsp.
- Various bugfixes in mandatory file locking.
- Fix how Cygwin recognizes whether the kernel is set to allow case sensitive file operations.
- Fix an installation bug which dropped installing /usr/include/rpc.
Cygwin 1.7.11-1 Screenshot
Cygwin 1.7.11-1 Keywords
Bookmark Cygwin 1.7.11-1
Cygwin 1.7.11-1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.