D_back 1.69 Ranking & Summary
D_back 1.69 description
This tool will be useful for both beginners and advanced users. You can use D_back for your personal computer or in network environment to back up remote FTP, File Server or DataBase.
The program can back up files from any accessible device or network resources mapped with drive letter (UNC is supported). Moreover D_back allows you to backup from remote FTP or WebDAV servers.
Your backups will be saved to any type of storage media: HDD, network drives, CD or DVD, USB Flash, Iomega Zip / Jazz drives. You can backup to remote FTP, or you can transfer backups via e-mail. scheduler and command-line backup utility. These tools allows you to set up automatic execution of backup jobs on both personal computers and server systems.
You can easily restore any version of any saved file or directory at any time.
Major Features :
- Backup files and directories:
- You can backup any files or directories accessible from your PC. You can include or exclude files by using Wildcards.
- Ftp backup:
- You can backup from remote FTP as easily as from usual computer or local network. You can use one or more FTP sites as an additional storage media for saving your backups.
- Backup to DVD:
- Our backup software gives you an opportunity for burning backups to rewritable CD or DVD.
- Backup to USB Flash Drives:
- You can use USB flash drives as a device for saving backups or you can automate backing up from USB drives. The program can be configured for using USB independently of USB drive letter, mapped by system.
- A wide choice of backup strategies:
- Five built-in backup types (Simple, Stack, Advanced Stack, Incremental, Differential) are incredibly versatile and capable to satisfy requirements both of beginners and advanced users.
- PKZips Zip64 support:
- You can compress up to 2 147 483 647 files into an archive. Uncompressed, Compressed, and Archive file sizes can be at about 18 million terabytes in length. If a zip file does not extend beyond any of the PKZIP 2.04g limitations (4Gb / 65535 files) then the archive is created in old zip format, according to the PKZIP 2.04g zip file specification.
- Using external file compressors:
- As a rule D_back creates backups in standard Zip format. However if you have installed other file compressors, they can be used for backing up as well.
- Protecting backups by passwords:
- The major compression formats support password protection. The program allows you to use this feature and offers flexible data protection strategies for various situations.
- Pre and post-processing:
- You can specify start-up of any program which must be performed before or after backing up.
- Sending backups via e-Mail:
- In addition to a usual way of data backup to network drives or remote FTP the program offers you an excellent opportunity to send backups via e-Mail to one or more recipients;
- For users with dial-up connections:
- We designed the new download / upload algorithms, which operate more reliably at the unstable communications and allow to resume broken uploads / downloads.
- Command-line backup tool:
- The software distribution kit contains command-line backup utility, which is intended for joint use with the backup scheduler or standard windows task schedulers for automatic data processing;
- Backup Scheduler:
- The backup scheduler is a separate program, which allows you to schedule execution of the d_back command-line utility or any command-line task in automatic mode;
- Backup Log:
- You can completely check the results of your backup activities. The history of all start-ups, all diagnostic messages are registered in a log files. In addition there is a possibility to notify user by e-mail about errors or warnings of each backup job.
- Easy data restoring:
- A whole content of an archive or any files from the chosen versions of backups can be restored into a target directory.
- In this version splitting backups into volumes have been improved. Now the program can split both zip and 7-zip backups. Format of Splitted Zip and 7-zip backups are compatible with Winzip and 7-zip file compressors. When you switch splitting on, then the program will create backup in separate subdirectory in your backup directory. You can restore files from split backup as well as from usual backup.
- If you tried to back up several paths from the same volume and switch "Back up files that are in use" ON (backup via Volume Shadow Service), then an error occurred while processing in an earlier version. Now this bug have been fixed.
- In an earlier version, when you back up to USB flash drive, the program created temp zip file directly on usb device. That is slowed down processing especially when you back up a lot of small files to a slow USB flash drive. In the new version temp zip file is created in system temporary directory.
- Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/VISTA.
D_back 1.69 Screenshot
D_back 1.69 Keywords
Bookmark D_back 1.69
D_back 1.69 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.