Ferro Backup System 220.127.116.114
Ferro Backup System 18.104.22.1684 Ranking & Summary
Ferro Backup System 22.214.171.1244 description
Ferro Backup System 126.96.36.1994 is known as an easy as well as efficient network backup system intended for small offices and large corporations and institutions alike. It allows you to protect data stored at desktops, laptops and network file servers operating under Microsoft Windows®, Novell NetWare, Linux, MacOS.
- Maximum performance
- Thanks to techniques used such as differential backup, compression at desktop level, symmetric multiprocessing, Ferro Backup System enables you, in a very short time, to make copies of files from all computers connected to the local area network..
- Low costs
- Ferro Backup System requires no expensive server, server version of the operating system or tape drives. As data compression is done at desktop rather than server level, an ordinary cheap PC with a bigger hard drive can be used as a backup server.
- If connection is lost, backup processes will be stopped and resumed after the connection is re- established, without the need for any administrator involvement.
- Quick implementation
- To use the Ferro Backup System, you don’t need to change anything in the current setup of the computer network, servers and office computers. Ferro Backup System is completely independent of existing services, account settings and protections.
- No maintenance
- The automatic freeing of disc space combined with an alert module which sends an e-mail to the administrator on any possible errors and warnings, limits the need for constant supervision of the program.
- Transparent backups
- Backup is done in the background and is invisible to the company’s ordinary employees.
- The Administrator doesn’t need to worry about the date of the last full backup and about when and how many differential backups have been executed. Ferro Backup System takes control over data recovery from differential backups and displays their content the same way as for full backups.
- Open file backup
- The Open File Manager option embedded in Ferro Backup System allows backup of open system files and files locked by other processes.
- Backup copy of the operating system
- Ferro Backup System allows you to make a backup of the entire operating system and restore it, at a later time, without the need to re-install.
- Full backup: The most basic backup method. All selected drives, folders or files are backed up each time.
- Incremental/differential backup: Only files which have been modified since the last full or incremental backup will be included. This ensures faster backups and saves disk space.
- File fragment differential backup: Improved incremental/differential backup. This saves even more space on the backup drive and ensures even faster backups. It is particularly useful when backing up large files (e.g. databases, mail files), because only modified file fragments are included in the backup archive.
- Open file backup: Files locked by other processes can be backed up. Using this function it is possible to back up e.g. a database file (without shutting down the database server), system files (register), mail files etc. More
- Operating system backup: Here you can make a backup copy of a working operating system and restore it later on without the need to reinstall. This has the same effect as a backup created using disk or partition image software. More
- Database and mail files backup: This makes it possible to make backups of database files without shutting down the database server and to back up large mail files during work time.
- Rotating backups: This ensures that you will never run out of disk space for your backups. There is a choice of how many backups should be stored and for how long. After a set period of time has elapsed, the oldest backups will be progressively deleted.
- Restore as from a full backup: This option simplifies data searching and restoring. The user “sees” differential/incremental backups as full ones.
- Backup and transfer encryption: Backed-up information can be encrypted using Rijndael(AES), Serpent or Twofish encryption engines. Data is encrypted at workstation, which means it is already secure when transferred to the backup server. More
- Compression at workstation: Data is backed up and compressed at workstations so that the processing power of all of the company’s PCs can be used and less data is transferred over the network, so any PC with a large hard disk can be used as a backup server.
- Backup replication: Backups can be automatically duplicated from the backup server to another network location, another hard disk, NAS, FTP server, optical device (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) or tape device (DDS, DLT, LTO, AIT, etc.)
- Automatic updates: The software is automatically updated on all computers of the System.
- Centralized control: The entire system can be controlled from a single location.
- Automated backup tasks: Once configured, the System can work in the background. No need for continuous supervision
- Transparent backups: Backups are performed in the background and do not affect users.
- Backup on system shutdown: The majority of failures occur during power up. Backups can be performed when the user shuts the system down.
- Simultaneous backups: During backups, the processing capabilities of all computers are used, so multiple PCs can be backed up at the same time.
- Administrative alerts : In the case of a failure, the operator will be notified by email.
- Open-end architecture: The possibility to run external programs, scripts or batch files on the backup server and on remote computers using Local Commands and Remote Commands.
- Reports: Reports contain data which summarise the progress of back-up, information on the outstanding back-up tasks and statistics.
- Unlimited license: The license is not time-limited. This means that after making the payment you can keep on using the program indefinitely without extra cost.
- Free upgrades
- within the same major version: Upgrades within the same major version (currently 3.xx) are free. 50% off on upgrades to future major versions.
- New backup solution for open files based on copy-on-write (COW) technology replaces the mechanism of suspending processes
- New command line parameter /REPAIRDB intended for emergency repair of corrupted program database
- Automatic backup server updates added
- Command Show Plan added, helping set periodic full copy parameters
- Reattempting to open the file if “Write operations are too frequent” error occurs
- Error repeating backup of file fragments after full backup for delta copy has been deleted or corrupted - fixed
- Error computing the virtual cluster number while conducting backup of files larger than 32 GB - fixed
- Standard waiting time for backup completion when shutting down system extended from 1 to 2 hours
- Error planning backup tasks fixed. It can occur only at a given time with over 100 work stations connected
- Error processing large file names fixed
- Error automatically launching FBS Server service fixed
- Error adding a new work station without defined schedule fixed
- Error recovering 0 byte-sized files directly to work station fixed
- Error recovering data from work station which is not in database fixed (option: Choose FBF folder)
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Web Server 2008
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2003 Web Edition
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Windows Millennium Edition
- Windows 98 Second Edition
- Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Windows 95
Ferro Backup System 188.8.131.524 Screenshot
Ferro Backup System 184.108.40.2064 Keywords
Bookmark Ferro Backup System 220.127.116.114
Ferro Backup System 18.104.22.1684 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.