Find-Member Utility 2.0
Find-Member Utility 2.0 Ranking & Summary
Find-Member Utility 2.0 description
Find-Member Utility 2.0 is considered as a simple yet beneficial utility that lets you search for file-members across files and libraries, a feature that OS400 does not support. It is possible to search for specific names but generic searches following the OS400 generic rules are also supported. Members found in a search can either be printed or displayed in a subfile (see screen-shot below). If displayed in a subfile, a number of operations can be performed on them.
It is meant to be a productivity-booster for AS400 programmers, but it is also a low-cost alternative to assist in change-management.
Although the primary intention is to help you manage your source-files, the utility also supports searching through physical file-members and most operations on physical file-members are supported too.
The screenshot below is the result of this search: Find all members in all files that start with the name EDI through all libraries in the current library-list. As you can see, you get the search-results in a subfile. The subfile can either be sorted by member, file and library, or by library, file and member.
Retrieved members can be edited, copied, displayed, printed (source-files only), deleted, renamed, or compared using IBM's CMPPFM command.
On top of that, you can search for a string of characters across all retrieved members, and have a specified operation performed on the members in which the search-text is found.
- Ever spent hours coding a call to an API and now you should do it again? Now where is the program with that code? FNDMBR will help you find it quickly.
- The object references a source-member and source-file that does not exist. You can search across the entire system to find a particular source-file. And as such a search can take time, you can submit it to batch.
- Find duplicate members, files, even libraries quickly. This can be valuable when you have to do a cleanup and free system resources.
- OS400-version V4R5M0 or higher
- TCP-IP connection from your PC to the AS400 to upload the save-file
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Find-Member Utility 2.0 Screenshot
Find-Member Utility 2.0 Keywords
Bookmark Find-Member Utility 2.0
Find-Member Utility 2.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.