FlashGot 184.108.40.206 Ranking & Summary
FlashGot 220.127.116.11 description
FlashGot 18.104.22.168 is released as a convenient and helpful Firefox download manager integration, has been honored in the May 2006 issue of PC World, the most widely-read computer or business magazine, as one of the "101 Fabulous Freebies"
"Each download or service on the list impressed the editors with its functionality and usability,” said Harry McCracken, VP/editor in chief of PC World. "These are some of the most well-crafted services available – congratulations to FlashGot!"
- FlashGot Link (contextual menu or Ctrl-F1 or Alt+Click on a link) - downloads through the default download manager the link under the mouse pointer.
- FlashGot Selection (menu or Ctrl-F2 or Alt+Click with an active selection) - catches links in hilighted text/images, attempting also pure text to anchors conversion, performing some "smart" replacement like turning "hxxp://" into "http://".
- Many download forums list links to password-protected archives (usually RAR or ZIP), followed by an indication of the password to open them. If you select the links and the password by dragging the text selection with your mouse, and then you use the FlashGot Selection command, the password will be passed to the download manager inside the description of the links, so you can easily retrieve it when the download is completed with no need to annotate it manually.
- FlashGot All (menu or Ctrl-F3) - grabs all the links found in the current page and dispatches them to the default download manager, which could offer an easy interface* to filter and select the file that will be downloaded in a batch.
- * built-in filter dialog is provided by every Windows/Mac OS X download manager except GetRight and cURL. On Linux, your best open source native option is Downloader 4 X 2.5.4 or above. Alternatively you can try one one of the Windows-only download managers which are supported through Wine by FlashGot version 0.9.9 or above.
- FlashGot Tabs (menu or Ctrl-F6) - performs a "FlashGot All" on every tab open in the current window. Notice that this command is hidden by default from the context menu: you can show it using the Menu options.
- FlashGot Media (menu or Ctrl-F7) - it's enabled only when a streaming video or audio clip is playing in the current browser tab: this command intercepts downloadable addresses of the content pieces played so far in the page and sends them to the download manager. Tested on Youtube movies, it should work in many other situations as well. Furthermore, when a video or audio content is intercepted and ready for FlashGot media, a status bar icon flashes as a notification: you can either left click it to download all the streams at once, or right click to choose among multiple streams, if more than one have been found.
[+] new feature, [x] bug fix, [-] removed feature, [=] repackaging or cosmetic change
- + Folx download manager for Mac OS X support
- + FlashGot Media better support for Youtube channels
- (thanks andy_t_roo for suggestion)
- + FlashGot Media support for Viddler videos (thanks
- josephj for RFE)
- x Silenced "which" console output during download
- manager detection (thanks Marco Poletti)
- x Fixed Build Gallery's interrelated ranges starting
- at 1 even though the referenced one starts at 0
FlashGot 22.214.171.124 Screenshot
FlashGot 126.96.36.199 Keywords
Bookmark FlashGot 188.8.131.52
FlashGot 184.108.40.206 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.