FlashGot 18.104.22.168 Ranking & Summary
FlashGot 22.214.171.124 description
FlashGot 126.96.36.199 proves itself to be a beneficial as well as interesting Mozilla / Firefox / Thunderbird extension, meant to handle single and massive ("all" and "selection") downloads with several external Download Managers.
FlashGot is an extension that handles internet downloads with external download managers. Flashgot works with FlashGet, Free Download Manager, Fresh Download, GetRight, HiDownload, InstantGet, Internet Download Accelerator, LeechGet, Mass Downloader, etc.
- FlashGot Link (contextual menu or Ctrl-F1, or Alt+Click, or Middle Click + Drag Down gesture on a link) - downloads through the default download manager the link under the mouse pointer.
- FlashGot Selection (menu or Ctrl-F2, or Alt+Click, or Middle Click + Drag Down gesture on a link with an active selection) - catches links in hilighted text/images, attempting also pure text to anchors conversion, performing some "smart" replacement like turning "hxxp://" into "http://".
- Many download forums list links to password-protected archives (usually RAR or ZIP), followed by an indication of the password to open them. If you select the links and the password by dragging the text selection with your mouse, and then you use the FlashGot Selection command, the password will be passed to the download manager inside the description of the links, so you can easily retrieve it when the download is completed with no need to annotate it manually.
- FlashGot All (menu or Ctrl-F3) - grabs all the links found in the current page and dispatches them to the default download manager, which could offer an easy interface* to filter and select the file that will be downloaded in a batch.
- Built-in filter dialog is provided by every Windows/Mac OS X download manager except GetRight and cURL. On Linux, your best open source native option is Downloader 4 X 2.5.4 or above. Alternatively you can try one one of the Windows-only download managers which are supported through Wine by FlashGot version 0.9.9 or above.
- FlashGot Tabs (menu or Ctrl-Shift-F3) - performs a "FlashGot All" on every tab open in the current window. Notice that this command is hidden by default from the context menu: you can show it using the Menu options.
- FlashGot Media (menu or Ctrl-F7) - it's enabled only when a streaming video or audio clip is playing in the current browser tab: this command intercepts downloadable addresses of the content pieces played so far in the page and sends them to the download manager. Tested on Youtube movies, it should work in many other situations as well. Furthermore, when a video or audio content is intercepted and ready for FlashGot media, a status bar icon flashes as a notification: you can either left click it to download all the streams at once, or right click to choose among multiple streams, if more than one have been found.
- UA placeholder for user agent string available to custom download manager definitions
- User agent string support for wget and cURL, mimicking current Firefox's user agent header.
- Improved FlashGot Media context menu gives direct access to download manager options.
- Movable FlashGot Media button replaces status bar icon on Firefox 4 and above.
- Better accuracy of the Middle mouse button + drag down gesture, which triggers either FlashGot Link or FlashGot Selection, depending on the context (can be disabled by setting the flashgot.gesture about:config preference to false).
- Improved oron.com preprocessing for batch direct link downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are depositfiles.com, fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
- Several performance optimizations, reducing startup time impact by a factor of 5.
- Batch download support for linksafe.me (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, relink.us, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com
- Updated and enhanced batch download support for relink.us (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com (WARNING: Feb 15 2009, the rsprotect.com web site is infected, don't open without NoScript enabled), link-protector.com, stealth.to and lix.in, urlcash.net).
- Rapidshare authorization token is "remembered" persistently by FlashGot after the first login from Firefox, in order to work around recent changes in the service forcing users to login very often.
- "FlashGot Tabs" hotkey relocated to Ctrl-Shift-F3 to prevent accidental reloads.
- Download Studio support (trial download here).
- Improved FlashGot Options|FlashGot Media panel, to choose a distinct download manager for streaming media capture. Firefox's built-in download manager is recommended because it uses browser's cache whenever possible and supports name guessing, and it's set as the default for FlashGot Media on new installatios.
- Windows visual download managers are fully supported on Linux and Mac OS X through Wine and Darwine (tested with FlashGet and Orbit Downloader on Ubuntu 8.0.4). You can enable or disable Wine support by setting the flashgot.useWine about:config preference to true or false.
- Firefox 1.5 - 7.0a1
- SeaMonkey 1.0 - 2.4a1
- Thunderbird 1.5 - 7.0a1
FlashGot 188.8.131.52 Screenshot
FlashGot 184.108.40.206 Keywords
Bookmark FlashGot 220.127.116.11
FlashGot 18.104.22.168 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.