GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118
GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118 Ranking & Summary
GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118 description
GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118 comes as a professional yet easy to use program which enables you to back up your important documents, photos, music, emails and program settings using a simple but smart wizard-driven interface to most popular storage devices (including local and external disk drives, LAN, CD/DVD, removable devices, remote FTP servers, etc.). Download and use GFI Backup Home Edition today – a FREE easy-to-use backup software solution, designed for secure backups of all your important data.
- Easy-to-use Wizard-driven Interface
- A tree-view file manager enables you to see all the files that are in a backup task and any new files that will be stored in the next backup session. GFI Backup™ - Home Edition starts automatically (this option can be disabled from the program options) at Windows Startup and can be accessed from the system tray. The user interface can be used in Simple or Advanced mode.
- Numerous Backup Storage Options
- GFI Backup - Home Edition enables you to back up on internal or external hard disks, on local area network (LAN) locations, CD/DVD media, Blu-ray removable media devices (USB sticks, memory sticks, flash memory, floppy disks, etc.), and remote locations using FTP with upload auto-resume.
- Synchronize Files and Folders
- The product’s Sync Tasks feature enables you to synchronize folders on different media. For example, this enables you to synchronize the MP3s on your USB stick with those on your computer, or your laptop documents with those on your office desktop computer.
- Backup Program Settings for Various Applications
- Using a public scripting engine, GFI Backup - Home Edition allows you to back up program settings for various applications, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Outlook email, Outlook Express email, Thunderbird, Eudora, Windows settings and Address Book.
- Backup Open Files Using Volume Shadow Copy Service
- Using the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service, you can back up files that are still open. You must have administrative rights for this service to work as well as Windows XP with SP1 or above, or Windows Vista.
- Standard Zip Archives for Backups
- GFI Backup - Home Edition does not use proprietary archive formats but uses the standard Zip file format. This enables you to restore data manually from backups even if GFI Backup - Home Edition is not installed. You can choose to create self-extracting archives, as well as backups without compression for faster processing and redundancy. If using ZIP compression, GFI Backup - Home Edition can split and span the archive over multiple hard-drives.
- Incremental and Differential Backups
- GFI Backup - Home Edition can be configured to back up only new and changed files (incremental), or to delete the files that no longer exist in the source location from the current backup (differential). GFI Backup also provides a version control mechanism that allows you to keep multiple versions of a file in stacked backups.
- NEW! Unicode Support
- GFI Backup – Home Edition supports Unicode. This means that GFI Backup – Home Edition supports the industry standard for universal character encoding for non-Greco Latin character sets of languages like Chinese, Hebrew and others.
- Military-strength 256-bit AES Strong Encryption
- GFI Backup - Home Edition uses military-strength 256-bit AES strong encryption to protect backed up data privacy. The AES encryption algorithm has been adopted by NIST as an FIPS-approved (Federal Information Processing Standard) symmetric encryption algorithm that should be used by US Government organizations (and others) to protect sensitive information.
- Predefined Searching Filters
- Predefined searching filters enable you to search for specific types of files. You can choose to back up music files, productivity documents, photos and other specific file types from all your hard-drives, without selecting each folder individually. GFI Backup will search all backup locations for you. You can also select your own masks.
- Inclusion/Exclusion Masks for Folders
- With GFI Backup - Home Edition, you can make a backup including/excluding files of the same file type; this allows you to use * to set a wildcard rather than selecting the files individually.
- Data Integrity
- GFI Backup - Home Edition carries out CRC verification of each file it backs up during the backup process to ensure the integrity and consistency of backed up files.
- Backup Windows Registry
- You can include your Windows registry in the backup. This feature should only be used by experienced users.
- Built-in Easy-to-use Task Scheduler
- GFI Backup - Home Edition does not rely on the standard Windows Task Scheduler, but uses a more advanced inbuilt scheduling mechanism.
- Email Notifications
- GFI Backup - Home Edition can be configured to send error or warning notification emails and summary reports for each backup task. Additional options enable you to attach the backup log file and to send the email to several addresses.
- Support Troubleshooter
- Using this feature, GFI Backup - Home Edition can help you identify any malfunction(s) or symptoms on your system.
- Detailed Logs of all Backup Operations
- GFI Backup - Home Edition writes local logs of all backup operations with details on what was backed up, start and end times, elapsed times, summary information, operation status, possible warnings and errors. The logs are per task, or consolidated logs of all tasks. Logs can be exported to HTML.
- Intel Pentium III processor or above
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- 8 MB free hard drive space
- Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional SP2, SP3 (x86 and the x64 versions), all editions of Windows Vista except for Vista Starter (x86 and the x64 versions) and Windows 7 (x32/64 bit)
GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118 Screenshot
GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118 Keywords
Bookmark GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118
GFI Backup 2009 - Home Edition 3.1 Build 20101118 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.