Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286
Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286 Ranking & Summary
Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286 description
Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286 allows you to effectively search you computer as easy as searching the web with Google.
It's a desktop search application that provides full text search over your email, files, music, photos, chats, Gmail, web pages that you've viewed, and more. By making your computer searchable, Desktop puts your information easily within your reach and frees you from having to manually organize your files, emails and bookmarks.
Google Desktop doesn't just help you search your computer; it also helps you gather new information from the web and stay organized with gadgets and sidebar. Google Gadgets can be placed anywhere on your desktop to show you new email, weather, photos, personalized news, and more. Sidebar is a vertical bar on your desktop that helps you keep your gadgets organized.
By making your computer searchable, it puts your information easily within your reach and frees you from having to manually organize your files, emails, and bookmarks.
Google Desktop Search introduces new ways to access relevant and timely information. When you view a web page in Internet Explorer, it "caches" or stores its content so that you can later look at that same version of the page, even if its live content has changed or you're offline. It organizes email search results into conversations, so that all email messages in the same thread are grouped into a single search result.
Google Desktop finds:
- Outlook / Outlook Express
- AOL Instant Messenger
- Internet Explorer
- Text ....etc.
- Quickly search your computer for emails, web history, and files
- Useful Results
- When you do a Desktop search, you'll go to a page showing you the most relevant search results, each of which include the file name and a brief snippet with your search terms highlighted. You can filter for a particular type of item -- only files, for instance -- by using the links at the top of the page.
- Smart Indexing
- After you install it, Google Desktop starts indexing the email, files and web history stored on your computer.
- Finding Deleted Files
- Google Desktop creates cached copies (snapshots) of your files and other items each time you view them, and stores these copies on your computer's hard drive.
- Advanced Search Form
- Clicking "Advanced Search" next to the search box on the Desktop homepage brings up an advanced search form. You can easily specify the type(s) of search you want to do without having to remember specific search operators. You can also restrict what time period your results are from.
- Quick Search Box
- The fastest way to search the web, and your own computer, is to use the Quick Search Box in the center of your desktop (simply press the "Ctrl" button twice to call up the search box, and press "Ctrl" twice again to hide it).
- Google Gadgets and Sidebar
- Google Gadgets
- Desktop gives you one-glance access to personalized and up-to-the-minute information with Google Gadgets -- interactive mini-applications that can be placed anywhere on your desktop or on your iGoogle page to show you new email, weather, photos and personalized news.
- Deskbar and Floating Deskbar
- If you'd rather not have a sidebar, you can minimize it into either a deskbar -- which you can use to keep a small search box right in your Windows taskbar -- or a floating deskbar -- which includes a search box that floats above all other windows and can be dragged anywhere you want on your desktop.
- You can also keep your Google Gadgets organized in your sidebar, a vertical bar on your desktop which basically functions as a control panel for your gadget.
- Add Gadgets Interface
- With the Add Gadgets interface, finding new gadgets is fast and easy. Simply click on the "+" button at the top of your sidebar or select "Add gadgets" from the option menu to bring up this screen. From here, you can view gadgets by category by clicking on the titles on the left or search for specific gadgets by using the search box in the top right.
- Additional Features
- Better Security
- Whether you're clicking on links from documents, IMs and e-mails on your desktop or browsing the web itself, you may receive a warning when you're about to visit a site that might be trying to steal your personal information or install malicious software on your computer, so you can decide if you want to use the site.
- Outlook Integration
- Google Desktop makes searching your Outlook email more convenient by adding a toolbar into Outlook. Just open Outlook and type a query into the search box. Outlook will display the search results in its familiar list view, including columns for "From", "Subject", and "Date".
- Lock Search
- If you want to temporarily prevent anyone from doing a Desktop search on your computer, you can easily do so by enabling Lock Search. Simply click on the Desktop icon in your taskbar and select Lock Search from the menu.
- Support for Google Gadgets;
- Improved indexing;
- Option to remove deleted files from search cache.
Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286 Screenshot
Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286 Keywords
Bookmark Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286
Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Google Desktop 5.8.811.4345
- Google Desktop 5.8.806.18441
- Google Desktop 5.7.801.1629
- Google Desktop 5.5.709.30344
- Google Desktop 5.1.0705.14375
- Google Desktop 4
- Google Desktop 3
- Google Desktop Enterprise Edition 2.0
- Google Desktop 2
- Google Desktop 22.214.171.1242
- Google Desktop 1.4.1
- Google Desktop 126.96.36.1991
- Google Desktop 1.0.1