LogMeister 18.104.22.168 Ranking & Summary
LogMeister 22.214.171.124 description
LogMeister is a useful universal log reader that comes with powerful monitoring and notification facilities. Whether you're a home user, power user, developer or system administrator, you will love LogMeisters powerful yet easy to use features.
LogMeister captures data from disparate sources including text files, local and remote windows event logs and RSS feeds. It presents the results through a consistent, clear interface.
You can employ powerful filters to home in on a specific point of interest, or merge data from multiple logs to facilitate timeline analysis. In your absence, LogMeister will monitor incoming data and react to specific triggers by issuing alerts, running scripts and outputting new logs.
You can export raw logs or transformed data to multiple formats such as text, csv, xml, html. This makes it easy to transfer data to other programs such as Excel, or into databases. You can even publish your logs as RSS feeds, and create floating satellite views that filter and sort log data independently of the main view.
LogMeister is quick and easy to set up. Wizards guide you through most aspects of its configuration. It harvests log data from computers across your network without the need for additional installations. This ease of use is complemented by considerable power and flexibility. For example, administrators and programmers can write scripts for LogMeister to run in response to criteria they have defined.
Designed for use on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003, LogMeister takes advantage of more recent operating system features where appropriate. Satellite windows can be semi-transparent under Windows 2000 and above. The entire application is theme-aware when running under Windows XP.
IMPORTANT: If the Install Service Component option is selected, the service will be set to run under the same account as the application itself. This account MUST have administrator privileges and be password protected. Take care to enter the correct password during installation otherwise the service will not run.
You can install / uninstall the service component at any time simply by running the install wizard (the installation program) again. None of your settings will be affected by this, but its always wise to take a backup before making any changes.
- Supported Log Types
- Text Logs (Numerous Formats)
- Windows Event Logs
- Windows XP Firewall (ICF) Logs
- RSS Feeds
- Site Watch
- Monitoring & Alerting
- Real-time and scheduled monitoring
- Real time and scheduled alerting
- Specify complex match criteria & Filters
- Supported Notification Methods
- Task Bar Popup
- Audio Alert (System Sound or .wav File)
- Email with Optional Attachment
- Run a Script, Application or Command Line
- Output to a text or csv log file
- Update a live RSS feed
- Reporting, Archiving, Export and Data Conversion
- Export to Formatted HTML, RSS, XML, CSV or text files.
- Export on demand, to schedule, or in real time.
- Ability to run as a Service
- Number of logs/PC's that can be monitored: Unlimited
- Agents required on Monitored PC's: No
- Automatic expansion of system error code placeholders in event log entries is no longer applied if the event message appears to contain a URL.
- Microsoft changed the ordering of events returned by WMI in Vista and Server 2008 with service pack 2 to bring it back in line with all its earlier versions of Windows. To provide support for unpatched systems, you can now tell LogMeister whether to correct the ordering of events as returned by WMI (see the "Reverse Order" checkbox on the Event Log property page of event feeds)
- As this release changes the format of the feed data files, you should back up your existing feeds prior to installation. See the Help section on Backing up and transferring settings.
Requirements: Win NT 4 requires SP6 + wmi core
LogMeister 126.96.36.199 Screenshot
LogMeister 188.8.131.52 Keywords
Bookmark LogMeister 184.108.40.206
LogMeister 220.127.116.11 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.