Microsoft Windows 98 SE Large IDE
Microsoft Windows 98 SE Large IDE Ranking & Summary
Microsoft Windows 98 SE Large IDE description
If you use the protected-mode (graphical) version of ScanDisk to perform a thorough scan (which includes a surface scan) on an IDE hard disk that is larger than 32 GB, ScanDisk may report errors on every cluster after approximately cluster number 967,393.
This problem only occurs on computers that use a Phoenix BIOS and use the Phoenix BitShift translation algorithm to report the geometry of large IDE hard disks (larger than 32 GB). Your computer is not vulnerable if the BIOS uses logical block addressing (LBA) Assist translation instead of the Phoenix BitShift translation.
NOTE: If you have upgraded from another version of Windows and selected to save your previous version of Windows during the upgrade, you will not be able to uninstall back to your previous version of Windows with this update installed. Disabling the option to uninstall Windows ensures that your system will continue to support your large IDE drive.
More information regarding this update can be found in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB), Article Q243450.
Microsoft Windows 98 SE Large IDE Screenshot
Microsoft Windows 98 SE Large IDE Keywords
Bookmark Microsoft Windows 98 SE Large IDE
Microsoft Windows 98 SE Large IDE Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- iMagic Hotel Reservation 4.2
- SiS163U WLAN Driver 1.09d
- Microsoft Windows 95 Update: Internet Mail Service
- Microsoft Windows 98 Patch: Novell NetWare Client3
- Microsoft Windows 98 Update: PC Speaker Driver
- Microsoft Windows 98SE - USB Devices May Not Work
- Microsoft Windows 95 Patch: DOS Device in Pathname
- Microsoft Windows 98 Patch: DOS Device in Pathname
- Microsoft Windows Installer (x86/Win9x) 1.2
- Explorer.exe - 256 Color Tray Icon Patch (for Windows 98 Second Edition) 1.0
- CPR 2000 (Windows 98/98 SE/ME) 2.1.1
- Microsoft Windows 98/98SE Security Patch: Malformed IPX NMPI Packet Vulnerability 10-11-00
- Microsoft Windows 98/98SE Security Patch: Share Level Password Vulnerability 10-10-00
- Microsoft Windows 98/98SE Security Patch: WebTV for Windows Denial of Service Vulnerability 10-11-00
- Microsoft Windows 98/98SE Security Patch: HyperTerminal Buffer Overflow Vulnerability 10-18-00
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Security Patch and Windows 95/98/98SE/ME Workaround : Incomplete TCP/IP Packet Vulnerability 11-30-00
- Auto-Patcher For Windows 98SE (English) August 2007
- Windows 98 SE Dial-Up Networking Upgrade 1.4
- NXPowerLite 3.5
- StockPoint 2.0.15
- Amond Zune Video Converter 3.2.1
- Microsoft Windows 98 SE Patch: Mapped Drives Shutdown Update
- Microsoft Windows 98 SE Update: 1394 Storage Supplement Update
- Microsoft Windows 98 SE Patch: Mapped Drives Shutd