Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0
Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0 Ranking & Summary
Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0 description
Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0 is released to be a helpful and creative tool delivering a next-generation virtualization platform that enables end-users to experience dedicated host graphic and networking resources in a virtualized environment. Consolidate the workflow of several machines on a single, high-performance workstation — without sacrificing performance and flexibility.
Parallels Workstation 4.0 Extreme is the first software for workstations to support Intel Virtualization Technology for Direct I/O (Intel VT-d) for full GPU acceleration. Virtualize 3-D modeling, visualization and Hi-Definition (HD) video programs in a Windows and Linux virtual environment at full speeds.
- Run graphics-intensive workloads with optimal performance using dedicated system resources on a single workstation.
- Parallels FastLane Architecture — Utilize a turbo-charged hypervisor engine to support the latest hardware virtualization technologies.
- Direct I/O Access to Graphic & Network Cards — Take advantage of Intel VT-d technology on the Intel Xeon Processor 5500 series (Nehalem) and Tylesburg platform for full visualization and networking acceleration in a virtual environment. Supported hardware includes NVIDIA Quadro FX professional graphics card and gigabit networking cards.
- Parallels Tools with support for selected NVIDIA Quadro Graphics Cards — Extensive Windows and Linux integration support for fully-optimized VMs, including native device driver support for NVIDIA Quadro graphic cards.
- Adaptive Hypervisor — Load-balance CPU resources as you move between host and guest OS to optimize performance.
- Support for up to 16-way SMP — Assign up to 16 virtual CPUs in a VM for truly high-end computing.
- Large Memory Support — Assign up to 64GB of RAM in a VM.
- Supported Primary OSs — Growing list of supported primary OSs include Windows XP SP2 64-bit, Windows Vista SP1 64-bit and RHEL 5.3 64-bit.
- Supported Guest OSs — Growing list of supported guest OSs include Windows Vista SP1 64-bit, Windows XP SP2 64-bit, RHEL 4.7 and 5.3 64-bit and Fedora 10 64-bit.
- Supports Virtual Disk sizes up to 2TB.
- Up to 16 Virtual Network Adapters per VM.
- Enhance user productivity by running multiple visual application workflows with greater ease-of-use.
- Display Manager with Multi-Monitor Support — Assign as many monitors as there are video inputs to work in full-screen view modes across multi-platform VMs using the SmartMouse feature.
- SmartMouse — Seamlessly move between guest OSs and primary OS to efficiently multi-task across cross-platform environments.
- SmartMount — Automatically mount removable storage media between guest OS and host OS environments.
- Windows Express Installation — The wizard-driven New Virtual Machine Assistant, including the auto-detect OS media installation feature, automates and simplifies a Windows installation process.
- Customizable Toolbar — Get fast access to key Parallels Workstation 4.0 Extreme functions with a customized toolbar interface that best works for you.
- Parallels Transporter — Migrate an existing physical machine or a virtual one to a Parallels Workstation 4.0 Extreme VM format.
- VM AutoStart — Save time by automatically booting up a specific VM when you launch Parallels Workstation 4.0 Extreme.
- VM Directory — Access and configure all of your Parallels Workstation 4.0 Extreme VMs from easy-to-view directory.
- Shared Profiles — Syncronize the data, such as desktops and user-profile folders, between guest OSs and host OS.
- Shared Folders — Instantly access files and folders across both guest OS and primary OS environments.
- Copy & Paste — Share data between guest OSs and primary OS environments.
- Parallels Compressor — Clean and compress a Windows VM to optimize performance and save hard disk space.
- Parallels Image Tool — Increase or reduce the size of a virtual hard disk with a GUI-based virtual disk image tool.
- Increase IT and business effectiveness and responsiveness by consolidating resource-intensive workstations.
- Multiple Snapshots — Save the exact state of your Parallels Workstation 4.0 Extreme VM — including files, software and OS settings — at the click of a button! Revert back to any state using the Snapshot Manager within minutes.
- Snapshot Manager — Create VM snapshots or delete existing ones with an easy-to-view tree architecture.
- SmartGuard — Schedule automatic snapshots at specified intervals for reliable back-ups based on individual needs.
- Safe Mode — Boot up your VM in a sandbox environment before trying evaluation or beta software. Keep or discard changes made to the VM during the SafeMode work session.
- Undo Disk — Apply or discard changes made to VM hard disk during sessions.
- VM Templates — Facilitates fast provisioning and deployment.
- PXE boot support — Install or start-up pre-built VM images from across a network.
- SDK for integration and development of third-party solutions.
- CLI Tools and Scripting support — Expand administrative and management functions from third-party solutions.
- Virtual SCSI Devices — Connect up to 4 IDE devices and up to 15 SCSI devices.
- Broad support for USB 2.0 devices — Connect devices at high-speeds, like printers and digital cameras.
- Emulated Graphics & Networking Mode:
- Workstations which support Intel® Xeon Virtualization Technology (VT) can run Parallels Workstation Extreme to create large footprint virtual machines (with up to 12 vCPUs and 64GB RAM).
- Direct Assignment Graphics & Networking Mode:
- Workstations based on the Intel Xeon processor 5500 series with the 5520 Chipset are capable of running Parallels Workstation Extreme in Direct Assignment Graphics & Networking Mode, including in combination with the NVIDIA SLI Multi-OS technology. OEM workstation platforms with sufficient power two support like pairs of Quadro FX 3800, 4800, 5800 graphics cards for direct assignment include:
- Dell Precision T5500 and T7500
- Fujitsu Celsius R650 and R670
- HP Z800
- Lenovo S20 & D20
Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0 Screenshot
Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0 Keywords
Bookmark Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0
Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.