Texter 0.6 Ranking & Summary
Texter 0.6 description
Texter 0.6 offers users with an effective yet beneficial tool which is designed to save your countless keystrokes by replacing abbreviations with commonly used phrases. Unlike software-specific text replacement features, Texter runs in the Windows system tray and works in any application you're typing in. Texter can also set return-to markers for your cursor and insert clipboard contents into your replacement text, in addition to more advanced keyboard macros.
- Basic Use
- As you can see from the video, there are a lot of ways that you can use Texter. Signatures, addresses, and commonly used abbreviations can be quickly and easily expanded from very small user-defined snippets.
- Add new hotstrings:
- You can add a new replacement on-the-fly by hitting Ctrl-Shift-H, typing in your hotstring and the replacement text, selecting the trigger you want to execute the replacement (Enter, Tab, and/or Space), and hitting OK. For example, in the video above typed sig1 and then pressed Tab to execute the replacement.
- Manage replacement text:
- You can edit your replacements at any time through the Manage hotstrings option in the system tray menu (or you can assign a keyboard shortcut through the Preferences - the shortcut is empty by default, but developers use Ctrl-Shift-M to manage hotstrings).
- You can also insert the clipboard contents into your replacement text by using the %c operator. The other special bit of text is %|, which lets you designate a place you'd like the cursor to return to after the text is replaced. Developer use this all the time with HTML tags he has scripted with Texter.
- Advanced Use
- In addition to basic text replacement described above, Texter also lets you perform more advanced scripting commands using keyboard shortcuts by selecting Script from the drop-down box. Again, to demonstrate, check out the video of how developer uses Texter to send personalized email replies in a few short keystrokes.
- The whole process happen may happen a little too quickly in the video for you to see what's happening, but Developer have scripted an action into Texter that sends the keystrokes necessary to copy the name of the email's sender, then paste the name into my personalized email reply.
- Lots of redesigned code, can now rename existing hotstrings, universal autocorrect, instant replacements added and more.
Texter 0.6 Screenshot
Texter 0.6 Keywords
Bookmark Texter 0.6
Texter 0.6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.