WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8
WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8 Ranking & Summary
WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8 description
WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8 is launched as a proper solution that features a well-organized users interface where users first need to specify the USB drive they want to use, then use the dedicated button to format it – all existing partitions are erased and a single one is created instead (all files are also deleted, so it is recommended to create a backup first).
- Detects UBCD4Win and uses multiboot menu for it if folder IMAGES is found. Only default UBCD4Win multiboot options are added. Edit UBCD4Win.lst to add custom ones.
- UBCD4Win boot menu is adjusted to boot from the selected partition. It can be placed on any primary partition.
- If Windows setup folders (~BT and ~LS) and txtsetup.sif coexist in the same partition as BartPE/WinBuilder/UNCD4Win/WinFLPC, SETUPLDR.BIN of the latter is patched not to use txtsetup.sif in root. Checksum checks are also corrected (applies to pre 1.0 versions).
- Grub4dos is the main bootloader/manager. Without it's advanced features, multiple partitions will not be easily achieved.
- Bootsector loading GRLDR is installed in the active partition of the selected disk. Hence the requirement for active partition and MBR. In version 1.0 versions grub4dos MBR is used instead.
- Detailed log file is created in the folder, where program is executed from. Use it for troubleshooting. Upon next execution if log file is found, it's compressed in Microsoft cab format, moved to BACKUPS folder and renamed with current DATE/TIME stamp.
- Upon installing grub4dos bootsector or MBR, backup of MBR and bootsector with DATE/TIME stamp are placed in BACKUPS folder. Use it in case something goes wrong.
- Option to start the prepared USB disk in QEMU for testing purposes. Use carefully at own risk, do not attempt write operations!
- Tooltips with hints on almost every element in the GUI
- For multi partition USB stick use the cmd files in "filestoolsMULTIpartitionUSBstick".
- Added an option for Auto-format, using FBinst internally. This will delete all partitions and create a single one on the target USB disk, use with care
- Added an option for Auto-detect and use SATA/RAID/SCSI F6 drivers during XP/2003/2000 Setup thanks to DPMS by Chenall. The boot entry is optional and has to be selected once before booting First part of Setup
- Added an option to include a floppy image with F6 SATA/RAID/SCSI drivers during XP/2003/2000 Setup. The boot entry is optional and has to be selected once before booting First part of Setup
- Working USB to USB install thanks to WaitBT driver by Shao Miller
- Added an option for creating a "kicker" ISO for Vista/7/8/Server 2008 Setup, thus avoiding possible setup failures
- Added another debug option for Vista/7/8/Server 2008 Setup, shifting hard disk possitions, thus avoiding possible other setup failures
- Added an option for custom folder name and boot menu entry for XP/2003/2000 Setup
- Added an option for adding and using custom NTDETECT.COM in otrder to avoid possible BSOD 0x0000007B on some machines:
- Fixed partial GUI freezes during large file copy, e.g. install.wim
- Fixed bug where changes occur in the small ISO for XP/2003/2000 Setup leading to errors at start of Text mode
- Added USB monitor function to refresh list if USB disks when disk is connected or disconnected
- Updated versions of the included programs and tools, QEMU should now support booting Vista/7/Server 2008 x64 versions too
- Various small bug fixes and improvements
- 32bits Windows XP/2003
WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8 Screenshot
WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8 Keywords
Bookmark WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8
WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 8 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.