AcuteFinder 184.108.40.206 Ranking & Summary
AcuteFinder 220.127.116.11 description
AcuteFinder 18.104.22.168 is such an effective and lightweight utility that will search for duplicate files on your computer so you can delete or move the files to an archive directory, saving a lot of disk space.
Uses CRC32 and MD5 to find identical files, with an option to search in ZIP-files also. List of duplicate files can be sorted, printed, exported and acted upon. Fast and easy way to clean up your disks. Built-in file viewer for images and text.
- Less clutter
- More free disk space
- Faster virus scans
- Faster spyware scans
- Faster file searches and indexing
- Faster backups, using less media
- Less confusion!
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Search Wizard for an easy start
- Many top-level folders or drives can be specified for each search
- Fast searching, especially when working with huge files
- Safe comparison of files using CRC32 and MD5 checksums
- Option to cache file CRC's for faster repeated scans
- Option to ignore file size and CRC during search (e.g. for name only duplicates)
- Option to search in ZIP-archives
- Multiple file masks can be specified with descriptive comment,e.g. "Image files (*.bmp;*.jpg;*.gif)"
- Quick selection of common file groups, like documents and music
- By default, at least one instance of each file will be left intact, even though you select all files in a set to be deleted
- Option to protect files found in specific search folders from deletion
- Supports all drive types: Hard disks, network, WebFolders, floppies, USB, NAS, JAZ, ZIP, CD/DVD, and memory disks
- Detailed, color-coded list of found files (path, name, type, date/time, size on disk etc.) making full use of big monitors
- Easy selection of files to work on, using checkboxes, pop-up menu and keyboard shortcuts
- Many operations on list of found files (delete, move, view, rename etc.)
- Built-in file viewer for automatic viewing of images and text
- You can sort the list in various ways
- Print the list as formatted web page via browser
- Export the list to delimited text, web-page, XML-document or create batch files
- Option to log all activity to a text file
- It offers many settings, to suit your taste
- Tool to find empty files and folders and remove them
- Tool to calculate or verify checksum for any file (CRC32, MD5 or SHA-1)
- A detailed help file with keyword index, plus browsable Online help
- Printable user-manual, more than 60 pages in full-color.
- New features:
- Faster searching, 50-70% and even up to 5 times faster when using CRC-cache
- Easier marking of files to process, using checkboxes (old method still available)
- Mark all files in folder (using Ctrl-D - very useful)
- Marking of selection can be toggled using Insert key or Space bar
- Mark all but one file pr. set
- Automatic check for updates at regular intervals
- New option: Use advanced sort for secondary column
- New option: Ignore file size during search (e.g. for name only duplicates)
- New option: Search hidden folders
- New option: Write CRC-cache data to an external database (for users repeatedly scanning millions of files)
- New option: Show CRC-cache statistics
- New option: Alternate coloring of rows for other sort orders than sets
- New option: Warn if too many files found
- Splash-screen at startup
- Modifications and fixes:
- Double click on file to toggle marking
- Secondary sort order has been fixed to be more logical
- New default font for the application (Tahoma 8pt) giving nicer looks
- Higher limits for demo version: Delete of files up to 2 Mb in size, and more
- Better co-operation with other programs, for better overall computer responsiveness during search
- Faster processing of external delete notifications (by removing file from list)
- Button to reset color scheme to default
- Selection in addition to marking: Asks if you have 2 or more selected items mixed with marked items.
- More context sensitive help (using F1)
- Improved looks, with more hints and suggestions
- More accurate space saving estimate
- Improved printing of file lists via browser
- Better support for Windows Vista
- Various minor fixes.
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista
- Pentium CPU, at least 100 MHz (slower might even work)
- 64 Mb RAM
- 5 Mb of free disk space
- VGA graphics (640x480), but 800x600 recommended as minimum.
AcuteFinder 22.214.171.124 Screenshot
AcuteFinder 126.96.36.199 Keywords
Bookmark AcuteFinder 188.8.131.52
AcuteFinder 184.108.40.206 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.