D_back 1.68.8 Ranking & Summary
D_back 1.68.8 description
D_back 1.68.8 is a file backup tool for Windows, designed to automate backing up files of your PC, file servers or Web servers to any accessible devices and remote FTP servers, with compression to local drives, network, or ftp sites.
This backup software will help you to protect your data from computer crashes, disc failures, accidental deletion, and ensure you will never lose any important information.
It's a lightweight, uncomplicated backup solution for both beginners and advanced users. Non-technical users can easily schedule and manage backups on own PCs. Experienced users can use the program to back up DataBases, File servers or to backup via FTP.
- Backup files and directories: You can backup any files or directories accessible from your PC. You can include or exclude files by using Wildcards (* ?). You can backup files even when they are open, locked or in-use. This feature is based on Misrosoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS), which is available since Windows XP SP2 system.
- Ftp backup: You can backup from remote FTP as easily as from usual computer or local network. You can use one or more FTP sites as an additional storage media for saving your backups.
- Backup to DVD: Our backup software gives you an opportunity for burning backups to rewritable CD or DVD.
- Backup to USB Flash Drives: You can use USB flash drives as a device for saving backups or you can automate backing up from USB drives. The program can be configured for using USB independently of USB drive letter, mapped by system.
- A wide choice of backup strategies: Five built-in backup types (Simple, Stack, Advanced Stack, Incremental, Differential) are incredibly versatile and capable to satisfy requirements both of beginners and advanced users.
- PKZip's Zip64 support: You can compress up to 2 147 483 647 files into an archive. Uncompressed, Compressed, and Archive file sizes can be at about 18 million terabytes in length. If a zip file does not extend beyond any of the PKZIP 2.04g limitations (4Gb / 65535 files) then the archive is created in old zip format, according to the PKZIP 2.04g zip file specification.
- Using external file compressors: As a rule D_back creates backups in standard Zip format. However if you have installed other file compressors, they can be used for backing up as well.
- Protecting backups by passwords:The major compression formats support password protection. The program allows you to use this feature and offers flexible data protection strategies for various situations.
- Pre and post-processing : You can specify start-up of any program which must be performed before or after backing up. Sending backups via e-Mail: In addition to a usual way of data backup to network drives or remote FTP the program offers you an excellent opportunity to send backups via e-Mail to one or more recipients;
- For users with dial-up connections: We designed the new download / upload algorithms, which operate more reliably at the unstable communications and allow to resume broken uploads / downloads.
- Command-line backup tool: The software distribution kit contains command-line backup utility, which is intended for joint use with the backup scheduler or standard windows task schedulers for automatic data processing;
- Backup Scheduler: The backup scheduler is a separate program, which allows you to schedule execution of the d_back command-line utility or any command-line task in automatic mode;
- Backup Log: You can completely check the results of your backup activities. The history of all start-ups, all diagnostic messages are registered in a log files. In addition there is a possibility to notify user by e-mail about errors or warnings of each backup job.
- Easy data restoring: A whole content of an archive or any files from the chosen versions of backups can be restored into a target directory.
- In this version splitting backups into volumes have been improved. Now the program can split both zip and 7-zip backups. Format of Splitted Zip and 7-zip backups are compatible with Winzip and 7-zip file complessors. When you switch splitting on, then the program will create backup in separate subdirectory in your backup directory. You can restore files from splitted backup as well as from usual backup.
- If you tried to back up several paths from the same volume and switch "Back up files that are in use" ON (backup via Volume Shadow Service), then an error occured while processing in an earlier version. Now this bug have been fixed.
- In an earlier version, when you back up to USB flash drive, the program created temp zip file directly on usb device. That is slowed down processing especially when you back up a lot of small files to a slow USB flash drive. In the new version temp zip file is created in system temorary director
- Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/VISTA
D_back 1.68.8 Screenshot
D_back 1.68.8 Keywords
Bookmark D_back 1.68.8
D_back 1.68.8 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.