Depeche View 1.4.0
Depeche View 1.4.0 Ranking & Summary
Depeche View 1.4.0 description
Depeche View 1.4.0 offers users a powerful tool that helps them load, view and search all text of a directory tree in one window, with the least possible mouse clicks and key presses. Search a phrase just by clicking on it. Fly through results by the turn of your mousewheel. Copy text, and create bookmarks with the same ease. If you have to read through many small ASCII text files, e.g. source code, this tool allows text analysis at extreme speeds. For example, to search a word, forget about opening a dialogue, setting options, clicking through results lists to open one result file after another. No, just type the word - and land within the first matching line in the first matching file, instantly.
Then, if you see another word of interest, don't even type it - click on it! And again, you will land at the first match for this word, instantly, no matter in what file. Depeche View is a Windows tools, but also runs on i386 Linux systems having WINE installed (type wine dview -linux there). Depeche View Base is free for private use, and can load up to 10000 files, or 100 MB of text. Depeche View Extended Edition can also view .zip .jar .tar.gz and tar.bz2 contents directly.
- Loads thousands of text files in one window.
- Instant search as you type, without dialogues.
- Search a word just by clicking on it.
- Copy a line, create bookmarks with one click.
- Integrate with your favorite editor through self-defined commands on function keys.
- Search as you type:
- To start searching for a word, just type it. No drop down menus, no filling out of dialogues, nothing - just type the word. When you stop typing, diew will search for it, instantly and across all files. In the above example, the word "description" was typed and searched. The hits are highlighted in red and yellow.
- Search as you click.
- Another instant way of searching a word is to click on any word within the text. If you SHIFT+click on the word EXTMGR_FUNC_INIT in the above example,
- Depeche View, one click search:
- Click here for a fullscreen snapshot in PNG quality. it is searched instantly, and instantly you jump to the first occurrence, again. Fly by mouse. To fly over all hits for the current search, hold SHIFT and turn the mouse wheel down. you will step over every occurrence in every file. Again, no dialogue boxes, you don't even have to press any key, e.g. to jump from file to file - nothing.I f you're on a notebook without a mouse, use SHIFT+CURSOR DOWN instead.
- New views by a single click.
- As said above, a SHIFT+left button click on any word searches it instantly, within the same window. But what if you want to stay with one piece of text, and search another word in a second window? Simple: do a right mouse click. This example was a right-click onto "Report". Because no second window existed yet, it was created, and the word searched therein. No dragging around of window edges, no long and time-wasting size changes - view two parts of text instantly.
- Keys sorted by frequency.
- Press F1 anytime to switch between multi-view and full screen mode. It's F1 and not some other key, because switching between these two view modes is the function used most frequently within Depeche View - therefore it uses the key easiest to reach.
- Fully portable application, instant use from USB stick.
- No installation. No registry spamming, DLL's or other complicated stuff. Just copy dview.exe onto your USB stick, and use it instantly where needed. To change some default behaviour, you may create a config file (example here), and copy it into the same directory as dview (for example, on your USB stick).
- Help requests, Bug reports and Open discussion:
- Can be submitted in the forum. Anonymous posts may or may not be possible, depending on the amount of spam; if you are required to log in, then please create a free account at sourceforge, or use your OpenID.
- Depeche View is based on swiss file knife technology for loading file trees, and supports the same options as sfk's snapto command. The free download is available here.
- File open pulldown menu, listing all available
- Open and append functions for direct selection.
- Config option snapautoreload to run an immediate
- Reload scan after snap file load on startup.
- Optional limiting of auto reload file scan.
- Manual word highlighting by CTRL+H.
- Drag and drop of files and dirs from explorer.
- File Loading Filter dialog. click on the button
- Right to the Open button to configure in detail
- Which files or directories to include during load.
- Syntax highlighting: html detection by first text.
- .dtd content is now syntax highlighted as xml.
- Single file open dialog, for systems like win2k
- Where open on files may not work.
- Vertical window size slightly incremented
- Under windows, no change with -linux option.
- Copy text file to clipboard by ctrl+shift+c:
- No longer copying the :file: and filename,
- As in most cases only the content is relevant.
- Insert into path mask did not adjust cursor.
- Single file open dialog changed current dir.
- File auto reload may have not worked after
- Appending a single file, due to the work dir
- Being changed.
- Speaking error message on unallowed blanks
- At line start in the config file.
- Buttons were too bright for some displays.
- Status color on initial single file load.
- Right click on open or append was sometimes
- Not recognized and lead to view creation.
- Drag+drop of non-existing file blocked append
- Of any content later.
- Reload of appended binary file content failed.
- Crash on reload of text containing unexpected
- Binary (null) characters.
- Wrong window activation status on application
- Change while (re)loading text.
- Ctrl key was not detected after app change.
- Now always verifying ctrl status even if
- Dview window is inactive.
- Open, append buttons now react on button up
- To avoid interference with file open dialog.
- .tbz2 files now also detected as .tar.bz2
- Reduced display limits on log line outputs.
- Statistics counter was not reset on repeated loads.
- Some systems did not allow to select an alternative
- Config or bookmark file. now using a different
- File open dialog for these cases.
- Copy screen or file content to clipboard:
- Every line had a trailing blank character.
- Ctrl+e to open a subfile in external editor:
- Line text containing TAB chars was not found.
- Now, the text with original TAB chars is copied
- Into clipboard before calling the editor.
Requirements: Linux: WINE
Depeche View 1.4.0 Screenshot
Depeche View 1.4.0 Keywords
Bookmark Depeche View 1.4.0
Depeche View 1.4.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.