Directory Toolkit 6.2
Directory Toolkit 6.2 Ranking & Summary
Directory Toolkit 6.2 description
Directory Toolkit 6.2 is a directory and file comparison utility with built-in archive and path synchronize functions
This is a multipurpose directory and file comparison utility for 32 bit windows with support for zip, multi-span zip, encrypted zip, tar, gz, lz, and cab archives. Create archives from Explorer and compare files in archives without extracting files first. Create self-extracting zips. Built-in synchronize functions with optional summary report of the file operations involved. Confirmations can be enabled/disabled.
Directory Toolkit displays a single or side-by-side directory comparison using color coding for alike, different, or missing files. You can copy, move, & rename files while retaining long filenames. Built-in ZIP, TAR, GZ, LZ & CAB archive functions, with Explorer shell extensions, let you easily create & manage archives (LZ is extract-only). All of Directory Toolkit's file & directory compare functions work seamlessly on files in archives - no need for you to manually extract files first.
Directory comparisons can be based on dates or a binary file analysis. Network administrators and advanced users will appreciate the command line and script operations, which let you process multiple comparison & synchronize operations within a single script file. You can also create short scripts on the fly from the program's View Menu to quickly save/retrieve the current settings.
Other features include: Customizeable toolbar; Explorer compatible OLE drag n Drop (including archives); Encode and Decode UUENCODED, Base64(MIME), Binhex files, quote-printable, and XXE files; Split and Concatenate files to/from diskettes; An integrated file compare viewer for a color coded display of the actual differences in files; Safe physical sort of directories; Touch files (change time/date stamp); Finds duplicate files on your hard disk; Opening files and launching applications; Wild card functions include file name numbering.
- Separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Built-in support for ZIP, multi-span ZIP, TAR, GZ, LZ, and CAB archive formats let's you create and manage archives from Explorer or from within Directory Toolkit (LZ archives are extract only).
- ZIP functions also include support for "encrypted" ZIPs. You can scramble password protect some or all files in a zip and you can use different passwords for various files. (Some other archive manager softwares only support one password for every file in a zip.)
- When creating mulit-span ZIPs, the program will (optionally) clean diskettes if a disk is not empty.
- Customizable toolbar.
- The main dialog and optional output report can display file version information for .exe, .dll, and .ocx files. The program can also generate file checksums, which can be used for sorting by checksum and duplicate matching. Output files can also contain checksum values.
- Scripts let you process multiple comparison & synchronize operations within a single script file (see example script). Scripts are in addition to a complement of 10 command line functions which also may be used to synchronize directories via batch files. With the registered version you can use scripts and command lines to perform unattended operations that don't require a user response. (Shareware version has a splash screen that cannot be avoided). Scripts can be saved/retrieved with Read/Write from/to script file menus (on the View menu).
- You can easily save/retrieve program settings to/from a script via the program's View Menu. This function can be used to make script file creation easier.
- Easily synchronize two directories, a directory & an archive, or two archives. Six built-in synchronize options let you choose, for example, whether to add just update existing files, new files in one direction, prune orphans, remove duplicates from the target, & more. When case sensitive file name comparison is used (in Options), file synch operations ensure the target file names are updated also.
- Easily compare the contents of two directories, a directory & an archive, or two archives. Comparisons can consider the case of filenames when marking files as alike vs different. Files marked as "different" can be based on a user adjustable time & date difference or an actual binary comparison of like-named files. By using the binary comparison, you can see that two files are the same even though their dates might differ. There is not necessary to manually extract files from archives to temporary locations in order to compare the contents of an archive or do file operations on files in archives.
- Supports multiple file masks, including exclude masks. For example, you could list all ".htm" & ".html" files except the ".htm" files begin with "s" or "t".
- "Exclude filters" let you include or exclude files based on before &/or after file date &/or smaller than/larger than file size.
- Internal file comparison viewer displays the actual differences between files. (See example screen shot - 10K).
- Add files to archives and copy files between directories via drag n drop from Explorer, drag n drop between paths in the Directory Toolkit window, or between two separate instances of Directory Toolkit.
- File numbering during rename, move, & copy operations lets you number files sequentially based on adjustable sort order & a user defined starting value. For example, you can easily rename page.htm, example.html, dummypage.htm to file01.htm, file02.html, file03.html.
- The built-in support for archives, basic file management functions, directory comparison functions, encode/decode functions, split/concatenate functions, reporting functions, & more make Directory Toolkit a great all-in-one file manager and archive manager. No need to have separate apps installed for all these functions.
- Special function to find duplicate files on a single drive, two separate drives, or two subdirectories.
- The Touch function lets you change file attributes in addition to date & time stamps.
- Encode files in UUENCODE, Base64(Mime), BinHex(Mac), and XXENCODE formats. Decode function automatically detects UUENCODE, Base64(Mime), BinHex(Mac), XXENCODE, quote printable, 7 bit unencoded, & plain text.
- The split function lets you divide large files into smaller ones for saving onto floppies or transferring smaller segments via email. The split function will (optionally) clean diskettes if a disk is not empty. Split can also be performed based on a string to be found in the file, e.g, the split can be made before or after the string is found. The concatenate function can be set to automatically detect & decode encoded files when joining split files into the whole.
- Physical sort of files in directories uses the native operating system file operations. This makes it safe for your system. It also means it is sensitive to user file permissions.
- On the fly list sorting by name or full path is supported within the interface. Clicking on the various row headers will cycle through all sort options. Options|Sort can also be used to control the sort order of the display.
- Output report with lets you capture the results of directory lists & comparisons to a disk file. You can control the fields to be listed in the report, the sort order, and delimiter.
- Print function lets you print user configurable details of single and comparison directory lists.
- Flyover tool tip help for toolbar buttons.
- Quickly make on-the-fly changes to the sort order of the display. You can also change to column width of the display.
- Supports operations on network drives. Great for network managers.
- History lists let you easily recall previously used file masks & paths.
- The display uses Win95/NT Regional Settings for date & time format.
- User configurable fonts & colors.
- From the main screen you can launch programs or your choice, launch programs associated with a file, or launch a user configurable file viewer. This includes files in archives.
- Detailed help file with step-by-step examples & graphical help.
- ZIP Improvements;
- Update Check Function
Requirements: Typical 32 bit or x64 windows machine
Directory Toolkit 6.2 Screenshot
Directory Toolkit 6.2 Keywords
Bookmark Directory Toolkit 6.2
Directory Toolkit 6.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.