DiskMonitor 22.214.171.124 Ranking & Summary
DiskMonitor 126.96.36.199 description
DiskMonitor uses a Windows Service to poll disk usage. The service can send warning and critical e-mail alerts as well as save usage information for graphical review.
Many disks can be configured at once or each disk configured separately.
All directories can be recursed enabling network administrators to determine which directories are using the most space and which directories have large numbers of files.
When the network administrator needs to disable alerting, all alerting can be disabled and later e-enabled with a single click of the mouse.
Two different emails can be sent out when disk usage runs low. One email can be sent to a desktop with detailed information while another email can be sent to a hand held device. Both email subjects are configurable and hand held device email subjects can be fully configured.
The disk usage charts can be fully configured and emailed to other users from within the application.
How It Works
- A Windows Service is installed which enables automatic drive monitoring and report generation. The Windows Service enables all this to occur on a Windows workstation or server while the system administrator is logged off.
- The user interface enables systems administrators to configure the service, view disk usage and history, view sub-directory sizes, and manually run reports.
- Monitors disk utilization, SMART predictive disk failure notifications, and online status.
- Sends fully customizable email alerts to system administrators.
- Schedule executive summary reports that include drive utilization and SMART status for multiple computers and disks.
- Graphically displays multiple disks' utilization percentage.
- Stores and graphically displays disk utilization over time. Historical data is stored in CSV format optimized for Microsoft Excel.
- Monitor directory sizes and send fully customizable email notifications to users and customers.
- Create directory and file access permission reports simplifying Sarbanes Oxley auditing of mission critical data access.
- Generate file extension break down reports.
- Identify recently or rarely accessed files using our recently accessed files reports.
- Sub-directory size reports enable system administrators to quickly identify large or growing sub-directories.
- Automatically publish reports to your Intranet web server.
- Group computers by logical groups.
- Includes tray icon status.
- Sends email notification when drive monitors fail.
- Supports SMTP authentication.
- No installation requirements on managed computers or devices.
- Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Server 2003, or Windows 2000.
- 512 MBs of available memory, 2 GBs suggested for large networks.
- .Net Framework 2.0
- The installation detects if .Net Framework 2.0 is already installed. If not, the framework is automatically downloaded from Microsoft and then installed.
- Domain administrator account credentials
- To access admin shares from the user interface, your login must have domain administrator rights. When scheduling the service to monitor a drive, the service must be run with domain administrator rights. The first time the application is run, you will be prompted to assign domain administrator rights to the service.
- Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation Support (client and server)
- SMART Disk Monitor uses the Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) API to monitor SMART predictive failure and to generate access permissions reports. WMI is preinstalled in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
- If WMI is not an option, SMART status will not be available and you will not be able to run access permission reports.
DiskMonitor 188.8.131.52 Screenshot
DiskMonitor 184.108.40.206 Keywords
Bookmark DiskMonitor 220.127.116.11
DiskMonitor 18.104.22.168 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.