DiskState 3.70 Ranking & Summary
DiskState 3.70 description
DiskState 3.70 is an utility that will remove duplicates, cleanup garbage, usage overview, remove browser tracks. Users will surely get much convenience and pleasure when using this version of DiskState.
DiskState has a powerful duplicate file analyzer can help clean up. Also, get rid of that space wasted from program crashes and normal use. 100 pst safe with recovery. Organize your disk space usage with detailed graphical overview, notification alerts and customizable reports.
Furthermore, protect your privacywith covering your tracks while surfing the web (Firefox, IE, Opera). But wait, you can do more.. Remove leftovers from unsuccessful uninstalls, add multiboot for Linux, schedule cleanups on a regular basis, command line enabled for scripting (sysadms), capture and detect the slightest file system changes, manage internet cookies, winshading, folder and file comparison, disk image size calculator and historic file archiving. Learn and play with regular expressions (regex) using builtin regex tester. There is even a DiskState Portable edition available. Basically, this is an easy to use, powerful, safe and small disk analysis and cleanup tool for your needs!
- Wizard to find duplicate MP3s, image files, movies and other multimedia files. Several methods of detecting duplicates based upon meta information inclusion or exclusion.
- Finds duplicate files across ALL selected volumes by file size and 128-bit MD5 or CRC32 signature, which insures the integrity of the duplicates list.
- Supports BaseSelect for clever selection of which duplicates to keep.
- Specify which folder to start search on individual volumes. Also specify which files to ignore and what folders to always ignore in search.
- Cleans up the selected volume by removing temporary files (with the user's permission). Detects unnecessary temporary Internet files from both Internet Explorer, Netscape and Opera. Optionally sends files to the recycle bin or backup files.
- It also resolves dead file links and so forth (around 30 pre-defined rules). The whole logic is user-configurable with the full power of Perl regular expressions. Exclusion of folders is also possible by option.
- It is SAFE. All file deletions can be restored using the Zip Safety feature. Recovery directly from within DiskState. Select individually files to recover or all files. Safe as it does not overwrite newer files than found in the backup file.
- Analyzes folder structure to find what exactly resides in a particular folder. Ideal to find hogging files.
- Export this information to clipboard or printer. Ideal for system administrators who needs to send out an email about "who is using up the disk space on the servers".
- Includes file count in parentheses per folder to keep track of excessive file counts that slow down tasks like virus scanning and searching.
- Capture graphical reports on usage. Can even be automated to generate screenshot and textual report on an hourly basis. The graphics contain a pie chart including legend and usage information.
- Displays 3D resizable pie chart showing the relative use of space on a selected volume. This pie can also be printed out.
- Complete directory tree of folder and files capture feature to spot changed, added and deleted files.
- Report generator to detect large files, old files, archive files, picture files, file by date stamps, long file path names etc. User-definable reports available as an option. View, delete, find and filter entries in each report.
- Regular expression tester included to learn the power of regular expressions, which is so popular in Perl, Python, Tcl, Java etc.
- Window shading gives a small window with disk usage.
- Notify maximum disk capacity reached by popup window or by direct email. Configurable thresholds on any volume.
- Deletion engine to clean up specified folders ignoring user-definable files, files older than a given number of days etc. One can also specify which files to delete, e.g. *.obj for removing temporary object files from compiling. Works recursively and can also delete empty folders upon selection. Can also move files to archive before deletion. Weekend and workday scheduling.
- System Tools: Edit, add, remove and validate entries in Windows' list of installed programs (ideal to delete duplicate entries when updating software). From here, you can also validate the entries automatically and uninstall applications directly from DiskState. Next, cover your tracks by deleting typed URLs in Internet Explorer, Windows' run history, find history, document history, IE cookies and IE history folder. As far as cookie management goes, you can remove cookies selectively using sub-string matches, all or by manual/auto selections. Clean up traces in the Opera, Firefox, Netscape and Mozilla web browsers.
- Configurable: Over 100 different user options.
- Server friendly: Make DiskState use idle cycles when working. This does not stress busy file servers.
- Internet enabled: Automatically check for updates and messages on the Internet regarding DiskState. Supports proxy web access also (behind firewalls etc.). Supports downloading and running an automated version updater.
- Lists can be printed, copied to clipboard, exported to files etc. Export MD5/CRC-32 stamps to disk for post-analysis in third-party software.
- Duplicate list can be exported and imported for later review.
- Reports what file system the partitions are using: FAT32, FAT, NTFS, CDFS etc.
- Launches ScanDisk, Disk Administrator, Raxco's PerfectDisk and Disk Management (Windows 2000/XP) if available from a Disk Analysis window on volume. You can also set up custom applications to run for integration with your favorite third-party disk tool.
- Works with both "Large fonts" and "Small fonts" as defined in Windows' "Display Properties" list.
- Supports large partitions: > 2GB supported. Loves millions of files to remove duplicates from. No limits on the software. techniques.
- Dump volume information to ASCII file (batch). Enable this by starting DiskState the "/dumpstate" argument.
- Searching for duplicates can be done by command line option "/dupes". Useful for automatically generate duplicate file reports on a Perl regular basis.
- Move file, copy file, clipboard etc. available in context menu of duplicate list.
- Base Select option box for selecting duplicate files to your hearts content.
- Folder and file comparison. Folder comparison can produce a detailed report about which files are missing and which ones are differ from each other. Useful to use when synchronizing folders.
- Disk image size calculator. It is useful to calculate how much disk space is needed for selected partitions. Approximates compression sizes.
- Works with compressed devices.
- Hide to system tray.
- LiteStep support.
- Multiple language support.
- Full UNC support.Supports file system reparse points. Circular link detection.Detects network mapped devices and acts accordingly.
- Detects UMSDOS Linux partitions and acts carefully.
- Ignores substituted volumes at the user's option.
- Automatically refreshes itself when a new disk is inserted.
- Integrates with Enriva Magellan Explorer.
- Dynamic windows: Resizable, remembers columns etc.
- Different colors on system files in the list of files to warn users before selecting these files. This only applies to list of duplicate files, not reports.
- Search up/down in file lists. Perl regular expression search.
- Fast file access guaranteed by careful optimization and caching.
- New cleanup rules
- Platform update
- New features
- 32 MB RAM
- 3 MB disk
DiskState 3.70 Screenshot
DiskState 3.70 Keywords
Bookmark DiskState 3.70
DiskState 3.70 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.