Minimem 1.3 Ranking & Summary
Minimem 1.3 description
Minimem 1.3 only is a useful tool only designed for Firefox which can help you easily reduce the memory footprint of any application. It runs in the background and can be set up to optimize as many processes as you'd like, using a very intuitive graphical interface. Unlike other memory optimization tools, it gives you full control over what applications you want to optimize, when and how often, as well as the possibility to only optimize memory when required and relevant.
It optimizes memory by removing as many non-necessary memory pages as possible from the selected processes. It does so at regular intervals which can be user-defined as well and every 30s by default, though uses an advanced pooling mechanism to ensure the CPU usage of Minimem remains low at all times. This then optimizes your applications which can load those pages back whenever they need, and makes your overall system perform much better whenever it is memory limited.
Minimem runs in the background and is fully non-intrusive. It stays in your tray where you can access its settings at any time and will remember your favorite settings for an optimal ease-of-use. Its intuitive GUI should make it useable for any type of user so no specific skills are required to take advantage of this great tool.
- Reducing the memory footprint of memory-heavy applications that should not e.g. web browsers or office applications
- Making it easier to run applications with memory leaks, e.g. Firefox 2 or extremely large footprints e.g. Firefox 3
- Running multiple applications on the same computer e.g. web desktop tool, web browser, office application all concurrently
- Use computers that are not so recent with modern applications
- Bug fix: Minimem no longer shows up when switching applications and when it's minimized
- Bug fix: the settings Window is no longer visible when starting Minimem on Vista and with special settings
- Available physical RAM and page file shown on the tray icon tooltip
- Minimem informs when a new version is available (note: requires internet connection and sends product info)
- Improved error handling though Minimem now seems impossible to crash
- Use of a standard Windows xml-based settings file, with default values in Program Files and user values in the App Data folder, which better supports portable installations and backward compatibility
- The version 2.0 of the .NET framework
Minimem 1.3 Screenshot
Minimem 1.3 Keywords
Bookmark Minimem 1.3
Minimem 1.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.