SeaTools for Windows 18.104.22.168
SeaTools for Windows 22.214.171.124 Ranking & Summary
SeaTools for Windows 126.96.36.199 description
SeaTools for Windows 188.8.131.52 provides you a powerful and simple tool which can be used to quickly determine the condition of the disc drive in your external hard drive, desktop or notebook computer.
It includes several tests that will examine the physical media on your Seagate or Maxtor disc drive and any other non-Seagate disc drive.
SeaTools for Windows tests USB, ATA (PATA/IDE), 1394, SATA and SCSI drives. It installs onto your system. SeaTools for Windows is completely data safe.
Note: OneTouch drive users should use the diagnostic feature built into the OneTouch Manager
Reasons to choose this product:
1. Prepare the System
- You should close all other applications before running a hard disc diagnostic. The main reason for this is to keep the drive focused on SeaTools as much as possible. Otherwise, Windows will continue to give the disc drive commands to access data for the needs of the other applications. When that happens, SeaTools will temporarily suspend its current progress while the drive is busy. This is harmless to the drive and a routine condition of use; however, it causes the SeaTools tests to take much longer time to complete. External drives that connect to the system through USB, 1394 Firewire or eSATA do not have the same background activity as the Internal drive. Internal drives are identified as SATA (serial ATA), PATA (parallel ATA or IDE), SAS (serial attached SCSI) or SCSI. Most desktop and notebook systems have one SATA or PATA internal drive.
- Power management controls may need to be suspended while doing very long tests. A complete drive scan may take a few hours to complete. The drive is working on its own at these times and the system may decide it should go into Stand By or Hibernate modes. Windows XP and Vista Control Panel Power Options have a setting "Turn off hard disks" and should be set to "Never" during the test. Notebook systems should not run the long tests using just battery power. These tests are disc intensive and will draw more current than a typical usage profile. Be sure to attach the AC adapter to ensure adequate power during the tests
2. Setting the start up language preference
The software should automatically detect the starting language based on your regional settings.
You can set the start up language manually to any of the supported languages. To do this, go the launch icon properties and select shortcut tab. The "Target:" field should have the path and application name already defined. Just add a space and one of the language ID's below to change the default starting language: English, Japanese, Italian, French,...
3. Select the Drives to Test
After SeaTools loads, the screen will list the different storage devices in your system. Select the drive you would like to test by making a check mark in the box next to the drive information. This screen also displays information about the drives such as the Model Number and Serial Number. Seagate internal drive model numbers begin with the letters "ST". Maxtor model numbers begin with the word Maxtor. External drives may show a descriptive name like "FreeAgent" under the model number column. Seagate serial numbers are alpha numeric and eight characters long. Seagate and Maxtor drives models are given a gold drive icon. Non-Seagate drives have a silver drive icon. The blue serial number indicates the boot device. You may select more than one drive at a time. Multiple drives will test simultaneously. You may also start tests on other drives after other tests are running
4. Aborting the Diagnostics: The SeaTools performs a data-safe test of the selected hard disc drive or device for possible malfunctions. Long tests may be aborted at any time. Select the “Abort Tests” icon from the menu bar
5. Summary of Results and Viewing the Logs: After running a diagnostic test, a log file for each drive tested will be saved to the SeaTools for Windows folder under Program Files/Seagate. To view these logs, take note of the serial number of the drive then select the Help pull down menu and choose View Log File
- Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0
- VGA 800x600 or greater graphics capability
SeaTools for Windows 184.108.40.206 Screenshot
SeaTools for Windows 220.127.116.11 Keywords
Bookmark SeaTools for Windows 18.104.22.168
SeaTools for Windows 22.214.171.124 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Formatted NTFS Partition Recovery 1.0
- Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATARaid Controller 126.96.36.199
- Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Controller 188.8.131.52
- Clone Genuis 2008
- FAT Partition Recovery Utility 184.108.40.206
- Windows Vista Data Salvage Software 220.127.116.11
- Windows NTFS Data Uneraser Tool 18.104.22.168
- Laptop Vista Partition Data Recovery 22.214.171.124
- NTFS Deleted Partition Recovery 126.96.36.199
- Data Recovery Wizard 3.5
- FAT Partition Data Recovery Software 188.8.131.52
- Quick Recovery Novell Netware - A Data Recovery Software 10.x
- Data LifeSaver 3.13
- Silicon Image SiI 3124 SATALink Controller 184.108.40.206
- Silicon Image SiI 3124 SATARaid Controller 220.127.116.11
- Silicon Image SiI 3132 SATALink Controller 18.104.22.168