Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1
Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1 Ranking & Summary
Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1 description
Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1 makes it easy to share dataflow of one COM port between several applications or vice versa to join dataflow of several COM port devices to one application. Such program universality is achieved by means of virtual serial ports technologies. Moreover Serial Port Splitter allows to setup READ/WRITE or READ ONLY mode for splitted ports and READ/WRITE or WRITE ONLY mode for joined serial ports.
As soon as the necessity to work from several applications with a device connected to COM port arises, you face problems.
The point is that the operating system allows to access COM port to only one application simultaneously.
Question: So, how to access the same COM port from several applications simultaneously?
Answer: There is no standard way of doing this!
How It Works
Serial Port Splitter creates virtual COM ports that are the exact copies of the specified physical COM port. Now, any program can work with its own virtual COM port not hindering other programs.
Data written to physical COM port get to all the virtual COM ports. And vice versa, the data written to virtual COM ports gets to the physical one.
Real Usage Example
Bob took his GPS-receiver connected to the laptop and went to the countryside by car. He wants to track his own location on the map and writes his route for further examination. At the same time Bob wants to see 3D model of place where he is at present.
Unfortunately Bob does not have the multifunctional program, which would solve all his tasks. That's why he uses three different programs.
Using Serial Port Splitter he splits physical COM port to which GPS-receiver is plugged into three virtual COM ports. Then he configures each application to use its own virtual COM port.
Now all three programs retrieve data from one GPS-receiver simultaneously and everything works fine like never before.
What Serial Port Splitter Can Do
There are 3 things Serial Port Splitter can do: splitting, sharing, joining.
Question: Is it possible to work with the same COM port without splitting it to several different virtual COM ports?
Answer: It is possible! There is a Share feature that is intended to accomplish it. Any physical COM port, being shared, can be opened by several applications simultaneously.
From time to time it is necessary to write the same data to several physical COM port from one application. This task can be accomplished using Join feature. The program creates virtual COM port and forwards serial data from it to several physical COM ports.
Sometimes it is necessary to limit access to a COM port for several applications (e.g. some programs are to only read data from the COM port and some programs need full access to the COM port). Serial Port Splitter supports such mechanism.
OEM License Benefits
Serial Port Splitter functionality can be easily integrated into your application. So you can create and configure virtual serial ports from your application directly.
Serial Port Splitter is used by GPS devices users, allowing to get data from one GPS-receiver by several applications simultaneously.
Serial software developers use Serial Port Splitter as well. It allows to speed up the development process during debugging and data-logging period.
Serial Port Splitter allows IT integrators to create solutions that seemed impossible earlier.
- Allows to split physical COM port to several virtual COM ports
- Allows to share physical COM port among several applications
- Allows to join several physical COM ports to one virtual COM port
- Read/write permissions for COM ports
- Signal control COM port for serial signals handling
- Fixed serial settings for COM ports
- Full hardware serial ports emulation
- Virtual serial ports look and work like real hardware ports
- Unlimited number of virtual COM ports can be created
- Once created virtual ports are operable at each system startup (prior to user login)
- Overlapped virtual COM ports support (virtual serial ports can have the same names as existing physical COM ports)
- 64bit and 32bit compatible
- Full Microsoft serial.sys compatibility
- PnP and WMI technologies compatibility
- Hyper-Threading Technology compatibility
- VMware compatibility
- User-friendly program interface
- Hot virtual COM port creation. No reboot is required.
- Virtual serial ports are controlled directly from your own application using command-line
- Virtual serial ports are controlled directly from your own application using Dynamic Link Library (OEM license)
- Virtual serial ports are controlled directly from your own application using ActiveX control (OEM license)
Enhancements: Overlapped ports issue for split and joined serial ports fixed.
Requirements: none special
Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1 Screenshot
Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1 Keywords
Bookmark Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1
Serial Port Splitter 4.0.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.