Take Control of Easy Backups in Leopard
Take Control of Easy Backups in Leopard Ranking & Summary
Take Control of Easy Backups in Leopard description
by Joe Kissell
96 pages, 1.8 MB download
PDF format, designed for reading online or printing
Publication date: June 27, 2008
Free sample available!
Your guide to making easy and reliable backups in Leopard!
Backup guru Joe Kissell teaches you the fastest and easiest way to create a complete Leopard backup system from which you can restore your data after an accident or disaster—including archives, an all-important bootable duplicate, and an offsite backup. Joe helps you identify the backup hardware that best matches your needs and budget (including a look at Time Capsule—Apple's backup appliance), and he provides instructions for using Time Machine as well as alternatives for eight cases where Time Machine won't provide the backups you need. Joe walks you through every step of the way, from setting up your backup drive or Time Capsule to explaining clearly how to recover your precious data in case of a deleted or corrupted file, a dead hard drive, or a stolen laptop.
Contains coupons for $30 off Data Backup and 10% off CrashPlan!
In this book, you'll find answers to questions such as these:
- How can I get the maximum benefit from Time Machine?
- Is Time Machine appropriate for backing up multiple Macs?
- What's an archive, and why should I care?
- Why is having a bootable duplicate important?
- How can I easily and effectively keep an offsite backup?
- What features should I look for in an external backup drive?
- Should I use USB or FireWire to connect my backup drive?
- Time Machine is acting strangely. What should I do?
- How do I migrate existing backups to a Time Capsule?
Take Control of Easy Backups in Leopard Screenshot
Take Control of Easy Backups in Leopard Keywords
Bookmark Take Control of Easy Backups in Leopard
Take Control of Easy Backups in Leopard Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.