TextPipe Standard 8.3.4
TextPipe Standard 8.3.4 Ranking & Summary
TextPipe Standard 8.3.4 description
TextPipe Standard 8.3.4 is a more affordable yet still extremely comprehensive version. It still provides full End Of Line conversion between DOS/Mac/Unix files, multi-file support, and the most commonly used functions.
TextPipe is a powerful text-processing utility that combines more than 100 conversion, translation and filtering operations on multiple text or binary files. Update text using search and replace, which supports perl pattern matching, sounds-like matching, edit-distance matching and search/replace lists. Convert files from foreign computer systems between mainframe fixed-length formats and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats.
Filters can split or join files, add or remove lines or columns, remove blanks from the start or end of each line, remove blank lines, remove HTML tags, remove duplicate lines, add line numbers, sort, center or right justify text, word wrap, remap ANSI or Unicode characters, expand or contract tabs, remove backspaces, remove binary characters, pad or truncate or force lines to a predetermined width, generate word lists and much more. Restrict filters to operate in line or column ranges, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern, and search replacements (allowing replacement text to be capitalized etc).
TextPipe can be fully automated via the command-line or scripted via a COM interface. Handles files even larger than 2 GB. Full audit logs keep track of the filter lists run, files modified and changes made. More than 100 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual and tutorial. Winner of SIA "Best Application" award.
- Process Information From Anywhere: TextPipe handles both text and binary files with equal ease. File formats you can convert and extract data from include:
- HTML, XML and other structured documents from the WWW
- Fixed length, CSV and Tab-delimited sequential files
- Unix, Macintosh, Mainframe and PC end-of-line formats
- ASCII, ANSI, Unicode and EBCDIC text files
- Inside Zip files, and the new Microsoft Office 2007 formats DOCX, XLSX, PPTX
- Rich Text Files (RTF)
- Files with tagged data fields
- Downloaded text files (e.g. news retrieval, financial, real estate)
- Screen scrapes and captures
- Structured and unstructured reports of any size or dimension
- Framemaker MIF files and more.
- FAST Data Manipulation! - An Automated Text Tool on Steroids!
- Make multiple changes to multiple files in just one pass (eg 50 changes across 1 million files)
- Restrict changes to line or column ranges, Tab or CSV field ranges, matching lines, inside and between HTML tags and other criteria
- Fix text or binary files of any size - even files larger than 10 Gigabytes!
- Lightning Fast Search and Replace: TextPipe offers a variety of powerful searches:
- Exact search (including multi-line and binary character search)
- 'Sounds-like' search
- Fuzzy search (great for finding typing errors)
- Pattern or wildcard search
- Search/replace lists and more.
- Manipulate Precise Sections of Text: You can restrict changes to line, column and field ranges, Lines Matching a Pattern and Lines Not Matching a Pattern. You can combine restrictions, for example, to alter a specific line and column range. You can also apply further text manipulations to the Replaced Text in a Search and Replace operation, such as by making the Replacement Text UPPERCASE.
- Unlimited Power: TextPipe's frees you from worrying about memory size or disk space limitations:
- TextPipe performs an unlimited numbers of manipulations in a single pass (e.g. 100 different search and replace operations)
- There is no limit on file size - so you can process files larger than 10 Gigabytes
- All files are processed without using temporary disk space - only the result file is output
- TextPipe handles an unlimited number of files (e.g. corporate websites).
- Manipulation Functions:
- TextPipe converts between: DOS, Unix, Macintosh and Mainframe formats, ASCII/OEM and ANSI format, ASCII and EBCDIC formats, Unicode and ANSI formats and more.
- TextPipe can add line numbers, add left and right margins, add headers and footers, add word wrapping and formatting. It can insert and remove columns, and delete lines or columns as well as HTML and extra white space characters.
- TextPipe can split or join files together, sort files using a variety of sorting functions, count or remove duplicate lines and map input characters to a set of output strings.
- Easy To Learn and Use: TextPipe includes many facilities to help get you started:
- Filter Wizard to walk you through creating your first filters
- Extensive tutorials and lessons introduce you to key concepts
- Test your filters without affecting key data files
- Debug Filter to see what is happening
- Comment Filter to document your process
- Library of more than 200 example filter files
- Online FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Online demonstrations for common tasks
- Online discussion group where you can ask questions and talk with other TextPipe users.
Enhancements: Fixed bug with [Delete BAK files] button not being enabled.
Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/Vista 64.
TextPipe Standard 8.3.4 Screenshot
TextPipe Standard 8.3.4 Keywords
Bookmark TextPipe Standard 8.3.4
TextPipe Standard 8.3.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- TextPipe Standard 8.3.7
- TextPipe Standard 8.3.6
- TextPipe Standard 8.3.5
- TextPipe Standard 8.3.3
- TextPipe Standard 8.3.2
- TextPipe Standard 8.3.1
- TextPipe Standard 8.3
- TextPipe Standard 8.2.3
- TextPipe Standard 8.2.2
- TextPipe Standard 8.2.1
- TextPipe Standard 8.1.11
- TextPipe Standard 8.1.9
- TextPipe Standard 8.1.7
- TextPipe Standard 8
- TextPipe Standard 7.9.4
- Excel Export To Multiple Text Files Software 7.0
- ClipText 1.1
- Save Multiple Web Sites As Text Files Software 7.0
- Save Multiple HTML Files As Text Files Software 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple Text Files Into One Software 7.0
- YourSpell 1.06
- Outlook Download Multiple Emails To Text Files Software 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple (Two) Text Files In 7.0
- ZmeY FastNote 1.25
- miniMerge 1.2.0
- Fast PDF converter 1.5
- Remove (Delete) Duplicate Lines & Words in Text Files Software 7.0
- PDF to Text Converter 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple (or Two) Text Files Into One Software 7.0
- Find and Replace Text In Multiple Files Software 7.0
- Find and Replace Text In Multiple Files 7.0
- Excel Import Multiple Text Files Software 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple (or Two) Text Files 7.0
- MS Word Export To Multiple Text Files Software 7.0
- Rename Text Files 7.0
- Multiple Text Files to MS Word Document 7.0
- MS Word Export To Multiple Text Files 7.0
- Create Multiple Files From List 7.0
- MySQL Import Multiple Text Files 7.0