Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10
Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10 Ranking & Summary
Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10 description
Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10 is an ideal solution for you in case you want to Run floppy-based diagnostic utilities from CDROM drives, Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive, or Consolidate as many diagnostic programs as possible into one bootable CD.
For more information, you are advised to have a look at the following list of features!
- Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
- Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
- Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
- When you boot up from the CD, a text-based menu will be displayed, and you will be able to select the tool you want to run. The selected tool actually boots off a virtual floppy disk created in memory.
- Full Version: The full version contains all the tools found in the basic version but also adds the INSERT environment, a Linux distribution based on Knoppix. INSERT contains many utilities for the Linux user, such as the ability to mount most filesystems (including NTFS(rw) via Captive), ssh and sshfs which allows you to mount a filesystem over ssh, Samba client and server, IDS and testing tools such as Nessus and Snort, Rdesktop to remote control Windows servers, VNC, Qtparted for re-partitioning, iptables, and Monkey webserver are just a few of the tools found on the UBCD version of INSERT.
- Updated CDShell to V2.1.6.
- Updated BCDW to V2.0a1.
- The FreeDOS-based boot disks have been updated to V3.25. Please read the NwDsk history page for more information. In addition, FreeDOS for UBCD now comes with optional universal SCSI support as well as parameterized booting (memdisk and bcdw only). Thanks to Erwin Veermans for the contribution.
- INSERT has been updated to include 5 different bootup modes. Thanks to Charles Appel for the contribution.
- Updated Drive Fitness Test to V4.02.
- Updated g4u to V2.0.
- Updated MemTest86+ to V1.55. Thanks to Travis McMurry for the update.
- Updated IBM Feature Tool to V1.97. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated MaxBlast to V4.0. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated PCI to V1.1. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to 050303. Thanks to Uriel Sigala for the update.
- Updated ASTRA to V5.00. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated UniFlash to V1.40. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated TestDisk to V5.7. Thanks to Christophe Grenier for the update.
- Updated PowerMax to V4.21. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated Arachne to V1.83. Thanks to Erwin Veermans for the updated image.
- Updated MHDD to V4.2. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated F-Prot to V3.16B. Thanks to SebastienG, Larry Smith and Stefano for the update.
- Updated Partition Saving to V3.00. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated DBAN to V1.0.5. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Updated CMOSPWD to V4.6. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Added AVG Free Edition V7.0. Thanks to Alan Loughlin for the suggestion.
- Added CHZ Monitor-Test V1.0. Thanks to nynyny for the suggestion.
- Added Necromancers DOS Navigator V2.15.
- Added GRUB V0.95. Thanks to Michael Schierl for the suggestion.
- Added SCSIMax V2.1. Thanks to halcyon22 for the suggestion.
- Added Eraser for DOS V5.6. Thanks to vaceituno for the suggestion.
- Added FileLink V3.01 (from Caldera OpenDOS V7.03). Thanks to vaceituno for the suggestion.
- Added QwikTest. Thanks to Eric Auer who indirectly pointed me to the web page containing this program.
- Added D-Browse V1.23. Thanks to Eric Auer for suggesting this.
- Removed Ontrack Data Advisor Free Edition because it has expired and will no longer run. Thanks to Russ for informing me.
- Removed Disk Image Writer until it can support IGZ format.
- AutoClave has been discontinued and will no longer be updated by its author. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- The floppy version of RIP has been discontinued. Thanks to SebastienG for the update.
- Fixed HUTIL to run from RAM disk instead of CDROM because disk diagnostic function writes a log file to disk. Thanks to Mark Holtz for reporting the problem.
- Fixed version number of Smart BootManager to read V3.7.1 instead of V3.7R1.
- Timeout checking is now performed only in the main menu, not submenus.
- Main menu now count down the number of minutes to booting first harddisk. Thanks to Erwin Veermans for the idea.
- Reintroduced PowerMax V4.09, as recommended by Scott Cooper: "Keep Maxtors 4.09 test as well as the latest (4.21) as Maxtor intentionally crippled the newer versions to not run on non-Maxtor drives. I have been using Maxtors 4.09 to double-check other tests/drives. Ive found it more useful than DFT, which also (as of 3.x) runs on other brands."
- Modified UBCD to use [F8] and [F9] to boot from HDD so that it is similar to the Windows boot option menu. Thanks to Scott Cooper for the suggestion.
- Run a separate timeout.scn when main menu times out to allow for easier customization. Thanks to Scott Cooper for the suggestion.
Requirements: No special
Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10 Screenshot
Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10 Keywords
Bookmark Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10
Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 Beta 10 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.