WinZip 12.1 Ranking & Summary
WinZip 12.1 description
WinZip 12.1 is a program used for zipping/ unzipping files to keep storage space, enhance e-mail transmission, and decrease the download times.
With the state-of-the-art file compression, strong AES encryption, compatibility with more compression formats, and new intuitive photo compression, WinZip is the complete compression and archiving solution.
Building on the favorite features of a worldwide base of several million users, WinZip 12 adds new features for image compression and management, support for new compression methods, improved compression performance, support for additional archive formats, and more. Users can work faster, smarter, and safer.
- Photo Compression, Management and Sharing
- Compress JPEG files by 20 to 25% with no loss in quality or data integrity
- Send selected files from a Zip file to e-mail or a new Zip file
- Resize zipped photos when sending to e-mail or a new Zip file without opening
- Browse image thumbnails in Explorer View
- Quickly transfer, automatically rotate, and compress photos from supported cameras with Zip from Camera wizard (Pro Only)
- Rotate, resize, and view full-sized images directly from a Zip file (Pro Only)
- Compression Performance and Archive Compatibility
- LZMA compression
- Compress JPEG files with no loss of photo quality or data integrity
- Automatically use best compression method based on file type
- Open and Extract 7Z, IMG, and ISO files
- Open and Extract from RAR, BZ2, CAB, LHA and other archive files
- Create Zip (legacy and advanced) and LHA files
- Create and Read Zip files larger than 4GB
- Built-in E-Mail, FTP, and CD/DVD Burning
- Zip and e-mail selected files from an existing Zip file
- Quickly create and send Zip files in a single click using "Zip & E-Mail"
- Send new and existing Zip files as e-mail attachments
- Zip and upload to FTP selected files from an existing Zip file (Pro Only)
- Upload new and existing Zip files to FTP (Pro Only)
- Zip and burn new and existing Zip files directly to CD and DVD (Pro Only)
- Encryption and Security
- FIPS-197 Certified AES Encryption (128- and 256-Bit)
- Set password policy by controlling complexity requirements (Pro Only)
- Set or disable available encryption methods (Pro Only)
- Task Automation Capabilities
- Command line support (separate download)
- Back up data automatically using predefined WinZip Jobs (Pro Only)
- Automate routine file compression tasks by creating custom WinZip Jobs settings (Pro Only)
- Automatically upload to FTP, or burn to disk a Zip file on WinZip Job completion (Pro Only)
- Automatically e-mail Zip and log files on WinZip Job completion (Pro Only)
- Schedule WinZip Jobs to run automatically (Pro Only)
- Easy to Learn and Use
- Use content-sensitive Smart View to logically display files in a Zip file
- Save As, Rename, and New Folder commands
- View compression savings graphically
- View the encryption status of files in a compressed file
- Unicode support to display international characters used in filenames in a Zip file
- Choose from variety of interfaces - Wizard, Classic, or Windows Shell Integration
- Split Zip files to make large Zip files manageable and fit on removable media
- Create self-extracting archives
- Temporarily extract and cleanup Zip files
- Zipx Files Deliver Advanced Compression
- WinZip 12.1 introduces the new extended Zip file (.zipx), the next step in the evolution of the Zip file format. By using the most recent compression methods to create .Zipx files, WinZip 12.1 creates WinZip's smallest Zip files to date. The new .zipx file extension also makes it easier to share highly compressed files with others by making it clear that the file was created using an advanced compression method and that WinZip 12.1 or another compatible compression utility is required to open the file. Of course users can also still create “Legacy Zip 2.0” compressed files with WinZip 12.1 (resulting in a .zip file extension) by changing the compression method on a case by case basis or by changing the default compression method.
- Photo Compression, Management and Sharing
- Additionally, the Zip and E-Mail functions have been enhanced in WinZip 12.1 to allow users to take advantage of the image resize feature in WinZip. Users can quickly and easily resize images in a zipped attachment without altering the original in any way. Resizing images is useful when the recipient does not need the full quality or size of the original. Resizing images before compressing them can substantially reduce the attachment size, reduce upload and download times for your e-mails, and help ensure that you don’t exceed e-mail attachment size limitations.
- Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista
WinZip 12.1 Screenshot
WinZip 12.1 Keywords
Bookmark WinZip 12.1
WinZip 12.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.