GameEx 11.30 Ranking & Summary
GameEx 11.30 description
GameEx 11.30 is developed to be a graphical DirectX based front-end which is dedicated for MAME , Zinc, Daphne, PC Games, and all command line based emulators. It's also a complete Home Theatre PC solution, especially when gaming is a priority or important. It also makes a good CarPC frontend. The original goal was for it to be used on Windows XP Media Center and also Arcade Cabinets . It will run on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7. You don't need Windows Media Center to run GameEx.
It has support for Ultimarcs J-PAC, IPAC, U360 and ArcadeVGA, LCDVFD Displays, the MCE remote control, Gamepads, full Mouse control, Widescreen displays, Vertical (rotated) displays , volume control, Music playlists and a fully functional Jukebox including visualisations and support for ogg, mp3, wma, m4a and flac . Music can be played and controlled while playing games. The jukebox can be integrated with iTunes, Windows Media Player or can work standalone and read audio tags. Also features a Video Player including aspect control, resuming of videos at a later date, play all and play all randomly features with support for subititle and audio stream switching, Internet Radio tuner (asx, pl, m3u, wma), Picture and Slide show viewer, Ebook and Comic Book reader , CD Player and CD Ripper with Automatic lookup of CD title and track information from the Internet, News Reader (RSS 1 & 2), and should work with HotRod and X-Arcade, SlikStik/IPAC controllers.
It has support for playing MAME and other emulator game videos (avi, mpg, mng) for the selected game while navigating the lists,and also realtime video and DVD previews. GameEx also features a multi process based attract mode, that keeps launching different games. It supports multiple languages, and themes with built in theme editor including the ability to have animated backgrounds using avi or mpeg files. The application is highly configurable via the use of an included configuration tool with help and explanations for most settings, although GameEx can also be up and running within a few minutes.
GameEx features a DVD Player (complete menu and chapter navigation) with support for FFDSHOW, a DVD's module allowing playing DVD's stored on your hard disk and an all formats Video Player both with automatic box art download. These features have an on screen display, have support for various aspect ratios, and can be controlled with a Gamepad, Arcade controls, remote control and keyboard (you can navigate a DVD's menu and chapters with all devices) The Video module can also play DVR-MS using FFDSHOW (on Windows XP). Videos and DVD's can also show at ArcadeVGA resolutions on an Arcade Monitor at the correct aspect ratios. NOTE: DVD Software, Codecs/FFDSHOW required. A movie database utility is also included for automatically or manually adding descriptions and box art. Snap shots can also be taken for all of your videos/movies.
- Standard Features:
- Supports nearly any emulator
- Advanced support for MAME
- No other front end has as many options for configuration of MAME and emulators.
- Works with Vista 32 and 64 bit
- Optimized for Dual and Quad core Processors
- Media Center Plug In
- Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Well supported with regular updates.
- With six years of development its mature and it just works.
- Arcade Controls (X-Arcade, Slik-Stik, JPAC,IPAC), MCE Remote, other remote controls and gamepads.
- Plug-In support including advanced LCD/LED, Ultrastick, and hardware monitor rotation all included in standard install.
- Specific ArcadeVGA support
- Native Widescreen and HD support with no scaling required.
- Completely customizable controls
- Highly polished, elegant and effective interface
- Jukebox supports all formats with visulisations and offers integration with iTunes and windows media player.
- Play the Jukebox while playing games
- Advanced all formats Video Player with support for different audio and subtitle streams
- DVD Player with support for choice of codec and FFDSHOW
- Picture and slide show viewer
- Internet Radio
- News Reader
- Advanced multi process based attract mode/screensaver
- Multiple languages, custom languages
- Theme Editor offers skinning
- Both advanced configuraztion and easy setzup wizard
- Emulator and MAME databases, with descriptions and various other data, allows linking and categorising across all systems.
- Play random background sounds.
- MAME High Score Support
- ISO Mounting
- HTML applications within the interface. Play streaming video from NetFlix and Hulu.
- Movie Database. Automatically or manually add box art and descrtiptions for your movies.
- Animated 3D model and X file support.
- Plus 100's more features you wont find in other front ends as standard.
- Registered Version:
- No nag screen. Fast loading
- Game manual PDF and TXT viewer
- GameExtender networked display
- Various MAME lists including on line lists
- Complete menu customization. Organize the layout, structure and appearance of the gameex pages, and create your own menu system.
- Advanced emulator configuration with key and gamepad remapping for programs that dont nativly support it.
- MAME to emulator mapping. Launch specifc MAME games or MAME game types with alternate versions of MAME or emulators
- Search feature. Easily find all games and media
- Play DVDs from hard disk
- Automatically exit launched games and programs after a period of inactivity
- CD Player with album lookup
- Goodmerge 7-Zip support
- Play emulators in the screensaver
- Zip support for emulators that dont natively support it.
- Rotated monitor support
- Mouse control emulation
- eBook and Comic Book reader
- Play seperate music based on emulator list
- Over 1,000 additional radio stations
- CD-Ripper with album lookup
- Automatic updates
- Export games to windows media center
- Automatically create all game snaps as images or video
- Game Statistics, available online through GameExtender and from the interface.
- Media Library. The Media library brings all your pictures, videos and audio together in one place. It can also be used as an alternative to the jukebox by allowing you to view your music by folder and filename
- Search is no longer a registered version feature and now available for free.
- Search feature now includes an on screen keyboard operatable with arcade controls and game pads.
- Pentium 3 800Mhz CPU (or equivalent)
- DirectX(DirectDraw) Compatible Video card, capable of 16 bit colour at 640X480.
- [Your video card does not normally need to be too special unless using videos or DVD, although older motherboard onboard video is not recommended]
- DirectSound Compatible Sound Card.
- 256MB Ram
- Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP2), MCE, Vista, Windows 7
- 250MB Free hard drive space
- Microsoft .net framework 2 service pack 1
- Microsoft Direct X 9.0
- Windows Media Player 9 or above
GameEx 11.30 Screenshot
GameEx 11.30 Keywords
Bookmark GameEx 11.30
GameEx 11.30 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.