GameEx 11.64 Ranking & Summary
GameEx 11.64 description
GameEx 11.64 is well-known as a fast and beneficial graphical DirectX based front-end for MAME , GameBase (video) , Daphne, PC Games, and all command line based emulators, along with being a complete Home Theatre PC solution, especially when gaming is a priority or important. It also makes a good CarPC frontend. The original goal was for it to be used on Windows XP Media Center and also Arcade Cabinets . It will run on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7. You don't need Windows Media Center to run GameEx.
It has support for Ultimarcs J-PAC, IPAC, U360 and ArcadeVGA, LCDVFD Displays, the MCE remote control, Gamepads, full Mouse control, Widescreen displays, Vertical (rotated) displays , volume control, Music playlists and a fully functional Jukebox including visualisations and support for ogg, mp3, wma, m4a and flac . Music can be played and controlled while playing games.
The jukebox can be integrated with iTunes, Windows Media Player or can work standalone and read audio tags. Also features a Video Player including aspect control, resuming of videos at a later date, play all and play all randomly features with support for subititle and audio stream switching, Internet Radio tuner (asx, pl, m3u, wma), Picture and Slide show viewer, Ebook and Comic Book reader , CD Player and CD Ripper with Automatic lookup of CD title and track information from the Internet, News Reader (RSS 1 & 2), and should work with HotRod and X-Arcade, SlikStik/IPAC controllers.
It supports multiple languages, and themes with built in theme editor including the ability to have animated backgrounds using avi or mpeg files. The application is highly configurable via the use of an included configuration tool with help and explanations for most settings, although GameEx can also be up and running within a few minutes.
- Supports nearly any emulator
- Advanced support for MAME
- No other front end has as many options for configuration of MAME and emulators.
- Works with Vista 32 and 64 bit
- Optimized for Dual and Quad core Processors
- Media Center Plug In
- Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Well supported with regular updates.
- With six years of development its mature and it just works.
- Arcade Controls (X-Arcade, Slik-Stik, JPAC,IPAC), MCE Remote, other remote controls and gamepads.
- Plug-In support including advanced LCD/LED, Ultrastick, and hardware monitor rotation all included in standard install.
- Specific ArcadeVGA support
- Native Widescreen and HD support with no scaling required.
- Completely customizable controls
- Global gamepad exit combo to exit any emulator
- Exit any game with the escape key or remote control
- In game key. View game info and controls while in a game
- Highly polished, elegant and effective interface
- Full featured database driven front end for GameBase and its collections
- Jukebox supports all formats with visulisations and offers integration with iTunes and windows media player.
- Play the Jukebox while playing games
- Advanced all formats Video Player with support for different audio and subtitle streams
- DVD Player with support for choice of codec and FFDSHOW
- Picture and slide show viewer
- Internet Radio
- News Reader
- YouTube module. Easily browse search and play YouTube content using simple controls.
- Advanced multi process based attract mode/screensaver
- Multiple languages, custom languages
- Theme Editor offers skinning
- Both advanced configuraztion and easy setzup wizard
- Emulator and MAME databases, with descriptions and various other data, allows linking and categorising across all systems.
- Play random background sounds.
- MAME High Score Support
- ISO Mounting
- HTML applications within the interface. Play streaming video from NetFlix and Hulu.
- Movie Database. Automatically or manually add box art and descrtiptions for your movies.
- Animated 3D model and X file support.
- Plus 100's more features you wont find in other front ends as standard.
- This version has code, display and memory usage optimisations including the following changes:
- Certain graphic images are now only loaded when first drawn improving start-up and display reinitializing speed.
- Only three emulator databases are kept in memory at one time as opposed to previously all.
- Several arrays redimensioned to fit.
- Removed activex web browser control and replaced with .net version. Web pages seem to load and exit a lot quicker now and it allowed several dependencies to be removed..
- Some unused code and variables removed.
- Fixes view sometimes not being remembered.
- Now does a more thorough scan when searching for valid favorites, most and last played games.
- New compatibility full screen mode fixing a crash when returning from videos for some users and also allowing full screen mode under remote desktop.
- GameEx is now remote desktop aware and will reinitialise the display if running full screen on session starts and ends.
- DVDs on disk now scans quicker.
- DVD Ripping now built in to the interface via the use ofHandbrake CLI. Simply place handbrakecli.exe in the GameEx folder.
- Fixes download timeouts in install package.
- Now features resume for regular DVD disks.
- Fixes memory leak when viewing web pages.
- .net Framework 2.0 service pack 1 or above
- DirectX 9 or above
GameEx 11.64 Screenshot
GameEx 11.64 Keywords
Bookmark GameEx 11.64
GameEx 11.64 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.