AContent 1.2 Ranking & Summary
AContent 1.2 description
AContent 1.2 is a professional, elegant and handy learning content authoring system and respository which is used to create interoperable, accessible, adaptive Web-based learning content. It can be used along with learning management systems to develop, share, and archive learning materials. For those familiar with ATutor, AContent contains the content authoring, test authoring, and content interoperability features of ATutor, producing a standalone tool that can be used with any system that supports IMS content interoperability standards.
- Public Users
- Repository Search: Search the repository for public content.
- Browse Content: Browse through public content by category.
- Export Content: Export public content as standardized Common Cartridges, that include content, tests, and learning activities. Exported content can be imported into other systems that support the Common Cartridge standard.
- Public User Features: All features available to public users are available to registered.
- Bookmark Content: Collect links to relevant lessons in the repository for future reference.
- Webservice Key: Create a public user to generate a Webservice key, and link AContent search, import, and export features into content management systems.
- Registered Users
- Public and Registered User Features: All features available to public and registered users are available to authors.
- Elearning Content Authoring Tools: Develop rich elearning content.
- Test/Quiz Authoring Tools: Develop assessments to accompany your learning content.
- Activities Authoring Tools: Develop activities to accompany your learning content.
- AccessForAll Adaptations: Develop adaptations for content to accommodate the learning needs of many types of learners.
- Common Cartridge Import/Export: Import and export content created in AContent in Common Cartridge format. Bundle content, tests, and activities into interoperable content units.
- Content Package Import/Export: Import and export learning content in IMS Content Package format.
- QTI Tests Import/Export: Import and export tests or question banks in IMS QTI packages.
- Authors and Content Creators
- User Management: Create and manage users on the system, and control their access and authoring privileges.
- Group Management: Create and manage groups on the system, and assign group access privileges.
- Web Service API: Develop a Webservice interface in third party software to search, preview, import content from, and export content to the AContent repository.
- OAuth API: Authenticate AContent users using OAuth, creating a single sign-on between a host system and an AContent repository connected to it.
- Security Enhancements: Many new security enhancements have been added.
- Multifile Uploader: Added the Fluid multi-file uploader that allows batches of files to be uploaded at once.
- Inline Editor: Added the Fluid inline editor, which allows editing of page titles directly through the content menu, rather than having to edit through the content editor.
- Refined Common Cartridge/AccessForAll Integration: Refinements to the import export tools to ensure AccessForAll content adaptations are packaged and distributed with ease, and transferred to and from ATutor seamlessly.
- Fluid Infusion Upgrade: Fluid Infusion, used to create many of the "Web 2.0" interactivty in AContent, has been upgraded to version 1.4. This upgrade fixes a variety of bugs.
- IMS Common Cartridge Updates: The IMS Common Cartidge validation libraries have been updated, fixing a number of content interoperability bugs. The speed of cartridge validation during import has been greatly increased.
- Refinements and Bug Fixes: Lots of smaller bug fixed and theme refinements, many of which are listed in the bug tracker's changlog
- ATutor Requires:
- HTTP Web Server. (They highly recommend using Apache)
- PHP 5.0.2+ with the following libraries installed.
- MySQL - 4.1.10+
- Various platform specific bundles of Apache, MySQL, PHP, phpMyAdmin, etc. are available to quickly setup the system software required to run ATutor..
- Database User
- A database user account with the privilege to create databases is required if your database does not already exist. That same user will then need create table privileges as well. See the MySQL chapter How the Privilege System Works for additional information.
- Web Browser
- ATutor makes use of many current HTML features that are only supported in current Web browsers. Though ATutor will function effectively in older, or text only browsers, they strongly recommend updating your browser to a more recent version. Current versions of FireFox 2+, Opera 8+, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, and Google Chrome work well with ATutor.
AContent 1.2 Screenshot
AContent 1.2 Keywords
Bookmark AContent 1.2
AContent 1.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.