JAlbum 10.3 Ranking & Summary
JAlbum 10.3 description
With JAlbum you have full control of the look of the generated album, not just color theme and basic layout, still making an album is just a matter of drag and drop + a button click if you prefer to use one of the many existing looks. JAlbum will create index pages, slide show pages and process your images and even upload the final album to the Internet so your friends can check it out.
- Easy to use interface:
- You'll be instantly familiar with jAlbum's explorer-like user interface. Use drag-and drop to add new photos, or sort them. Create folders to better organize your album. Use the right-click menu (context menu) to access the most frequently used functions, like sorting, rotating, editing or choosing as folder thumbnail. Add captions right below the thumbnails.
- Edit images:
- In Edit mode you're able to see the photos in larger size, add captions conveniently and apply various filters to it. Adjust your images with the Crop and Straighten tool, fine tune with Gamma and Level or apply various artistic filters, like Sepia, Pixelate or Invert. You can even add text onto your images, e.g. for the purpose of watermarking. Note, your originals will be never touched, only the downscaled version in the final album.
- Customize with skins:
- Skins are plugins to jAlbum which determine the layout and feature set of the generated albums. Some skins are simple and easy to modify, while others have advanced features, like Google maps integration, video playback or shopping cart integration to name a few. JAlbum comes bundled with some 10 skins, but you can always install new ones from skins section.
- You can even edit or create new skin templates with jAlbum's built-in editor.
- Upload to any site:
- You can upload your albums to any place on the internet: to your own site, your blog, you can even share an album straight from your hard disk. If you don't own a site, use jalbum.net – community site – which is specialized on storing, sharing and showcasing albums in a spectacular way.
- News and Updates:
- More memory conservative so huge albums can be built without running out of memory. (Some older skins will need to run in "compatibility mode" to work with this release. See Preferences->Advanced)
- Supports reading JPEG images in the CMYK color space too. Thanks goes to Werner Randelshofer for making this possible.
- Sub-albums can now be selectively hidden (i.e. included in the album, but not linked to from index pages).
- Can generate search engine friendly file names. (See setting under Advanced settings->Naming)
- Guides users trying to upload to jAlbum's storage without having storage activated
- Welcomes licensed users upon license activation. Excludes credit links by default for licensed users
- New file type: .patch.jaskin: Contains only new and updated skin files. Deletion of the old skin doesn't happen. This simplifies distributing minor patches to skins.
- Translations updated. Thank you all translators!
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed memory leak on Mac that could cause huge memory usage when working with many album objects in the UI.
- Fixed issue where jAlbum could hang if Make album was pressed while loading a project
- Dismissing skin "like" notifications is now remembered
- Negative camera metadata values expressed as rational numbers weren't interpreted correctly (for instance EV -1/3)
- Fixed randomly occuring exception in renderer thread
- Fixed exception triggered in "SpecialMacHandler" when quitting Mac version
- Better error reporting if "Output has not been set" error occurs
- Java Runtime Environment
JAlbum 10.3 Screenshot
JAlbum 10.3 Keywords
Bookmark JAlbum 10.3
JAlbum 10.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.