Prescient Author V1.0
Prescient Author V1.0 Ranking & Summary
Prescient Author V1.0 description
Prescient Author V1.0 offers a swift application development tool for building dot NET applications. Prescient Author captures the database table design and automatically generates forms, menus, reports, dashboards and even user authentication. It supports role based access to the system.
Prescient Author drastically increases the productivity of your development team, helping you deliver more to your clients. It dramatically reduces your application development time and helps you stay ahead of competition by delivering applications faster.
Prescient Author is extremely powerful in handling changing requirements and can save your development team, laborious manual changes all over the system, and hours of testing. Prescient Author drastically cuts down the testing efforts and makes your applications robust and consistent.
Prescient Author is extremely easy to learn and even a novice developer can become productive with it in a couple of days.
- Prescient Author does a lot for you automatically when you start a new project. It creates a login page to authenticate users for your system. It creates a base module (default) and when you add tables to the base module, Prescient Author automatically creates forms for entering data, reports for viewing data and menus for navigation. It also writes methods to read/write data from the database. That's not all, Prescient Author also creates a Module level and a Project level dashboard for you automatically!
2. Collaborative Development
- Prescient Author is a true collaborative development tool. It allows developing your system in various modules and working on these modules simultaneously.
- Prescient Author with its Module merging technology allows integration of different modules for final integration. It even allows multiple users working on the same module to further speed up development.
- Prescient Author's module based development approach encourages reuse of modules that have been developed previously for different applications (with some modifications as necessary).
3. Database Modeling
- Prescient Author allows you to design/model your tables through its interactive menus. It helps in capturing the entire design intent (database, master details, forms, reports) etc all in one place and helps you through the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Whenever changes are made to tables in database either via Prescient Author interface or by accessing database directly, the "DB Sync" utility clearly shows the differences in these two representations and lets you select the one you wish and synchronizing the two.
- Prescient Author supports Smart Delete on data in master tables. It allows you to delete (inactivate) the data and yet retain all the information in the database to be retrieved when needed.
4. Roles Management
- Prescient Author does user authentication but beyond that it is also possible to assign different roles to the users. Based on their roles these users are presented with different menus, forms and reports. (eg, an employee may have just read access but a manager may have read/write access). Different dashboards could also be created for different roles.
5. UI Design
- Prescient Author allows you to design all your user interfaces forms, reports, dashboards, menus. It automatically creates defaults for all of these which can be customized as and when needed. It allows you to create multiple versions of the same form/report to be used for different roles. (a report/form seen by an employee and a manager could be slightly different)
- Prescient Author allows creating the dynamic reference fields on the forms. These fields are used to show the additional information about the record. e.g. On an "Order Entry" form for selecting a customer, an additional region selection combo box can be added to make customer selection easy. Here the region acts as the reference field to select the customer from that region.
- Form designing supports useful features like field validation (client side validation), field recompute (eg, when "Country" is selected on the form, the "States" are updated for that country), field visibility (show / hide, editable / read only etc).
- Prescient Author supports both top as well as left menus.
- Consistent look and feel across the forms is achieved by using pre defined themes and color schemes. Quick access links (like Home, Buy, Checkout etc) could be easily inserted on a series of pages.
- You can create your own custom themes and add them to Prescient author
- Prescient Author supports various reports that can be esasily customized to match your requirements.
- Prescient Author also integrates seamlessly with RDLC reports.
- Prescient Author automatically creates filters based on foreign key for both list and RDLC report.
7. Working with User Code
- Prescient Author cleverly separates the auto generated code from the user code. This helps in regenerating auto code without ever overwriting the user code.
- Prescient Author even reads the user code and makes these functions available to assign to various controls while designing the system.
- Prescient Author allows importing the RDLC reports modeled in Dot Net. Prescient Author allows to control the output of the RDLC report by attaching the user defined functions. Prescient Author allows adding the filters on the RDLC report.
- Prescient Author creates placeholders for user code (to take specific action) Pre and Post database actions. (eg, it needs to change value of "Status" of project from Partial to Complete when "ProjectComplete" is changed to 100%)
- Prescient Author is fully compatible with dot Net three tier architecture. It generates ASPX code for the front end, the logical layer is in C# followed by the database connectivity layer. Prescient Author works with SQL server 2000 and above. It also supports advanced features like flicker free update of forms (Ajax).
- Prescient Author supports custom validator and required field validator.
- In Node loked type license one license is running on only one machine
- Floating licensing allows installing the same license on multiple machines. Web server handled the activation/deactivation of the license on multiple machines.
Prescient Author V1.0 Screenshot
Prescient Author V1.0 Keywords
Bookmark Prescient Author V1.0
Prescient Author V1.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.