Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1
Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1 Ranking & Summary
Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1 description
Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1 is a great solution for the piracy and misuse problem for ASP and client-side code written in VBScript programming languages, which provides users an obfuscation and an encoding tool for client-side VBScript code in .vbs files and in HTML, PHP, ASP and JSP pages as well as for server-side ASP code, with advanced support for adding extremely difficult to remove automatic licensing checks.
Stunnix ASP and VbScript Obfuscator converts scripts in input files into highly mangled and obfuscated form. This makes them extremely difficult to study, analyse, reuse and re-work for competitors or customers, while retaining the full functionality of the original code. By default that highly mangled and obfuscated code is encoded afterwards to hide the structure (control flow, division into subroutines and classes) of the script completely.
Stunnix ASP and VbScript Obfuscator is not a compiler to machine or pseudo code. The protected form will still be the usual script or html or asp file, thus it will work on all platforms the original code worked on. State of the art support for ensuring license conditions (expiration, several types of hostname checks, user-defined checks) is also available. Note, that Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator is referred to as Stunnix VBS-Obfus for brevity sometimes on this site.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder is cross-platform product, it can be easily installed and used on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris or any other Unix OS.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder is a suite of Perl applications. The Windows version includes Perl interpreter and all necessary files. Perl interpreter is already preinstalled on Mac OS X, Linux and most Unix OSes, so the package for Mac OS X and Linux/Unix is the same and doesn't include any Perl interpreter (it utilizes Perl already installed in the system and uses no non-standard modules).
- By default encoding of VBScript code is applied to the result of obfuscation performed by ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder
- By default, ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder encodes the result of script obfuscation, which makes studying even the structure of the code much harder (the number of functions, presence of conditionals and so on). Encoded VBScript still runs on any compatible VBScript interpreter.
- The encoding performed by it cannot be undone by the majority of VBScript decoders on the market.
- It is possible to encode only a subset of the files of a VBScript project.
- It is also possible to encode only selected parts of the source code by activating special functionality of ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder.
- Unique! ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder has support for VBScript expiration, binding to server and user-implemented licensing checks with standard or user-specified actions (such as showing alerts)
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder has a state of the art support for checking licensing conditions:
- making obfuscated and encoded VBScript scripts expire (i.e. scripts will stop working after particular date), with ability to select the current time source;
- binding to server (single allowed host name, list of hostname tails, regular expression a server name must match) with ability to select the source of server name — for client-side and server-side code;
- user-implemented checks that allow the implementation of any other checks (like making scripts not work on Sundays);
- There is an option to show a custom notification message before the termination of the VBScript code.
- All licensing checks are assigned to a block of code by means of a special initialization code. Without this code, the VBScript code won't work correctly. As well, the whole block of VBScript code is encoded to protect it from analysis and modification. Removing this block of code from the script body will make the script malfunction.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder includes Obfuscation Project Manager - an advanced intuitive cross-platform (Windows, MacOS X, Linux and Unix) graphical user interface for protecting any size project created with VBScript with mixed types of code (client-side and server-side), complete with with IDE-like functionality (supporting Build, Rebuild Changed, Clean)
- Obfuscation Project Manager uses the concept of projects as a way to describe lists of files and protection options for VBScript and html . Each VBScript obfuscation project has several VBScript protecting modes that specify settings to be used to obfuscate the VBScript code and html markup around your VBScript code.
- A single VBScript protecting mode can be attached to a given file; modes inherit settings from other modes (typically predefined ones) which requires very little effort to configure protection for the project. The mode concept allows the handling of some files in the project as files with server-side VBScript to be obfuscated, other files - as with client-side VBScript to be obfuscated, others - as html files to be used as a source for names of HTML objects and form elements, and other group of files - as static files that are either copied as is to output directory, or are not copied at all. Modes also specify whether or not to encode VBScript, so each VBScript obfuscation project can partly contain files that have been VBScript encoded and other VBScript parts that have not been encoded, but are still obfuscated. Files with obfuscated VBScript can have different copyright headers than other files; the mangling of strings or comments can also be performed differently in different files in the project.
- Obfuscation Project Manager is designed to be a more convenient alternative to Makefiles so it has functionality present in all IDEs for managing the project - i.e. Build, Rebuild Changed, Clean operations.
- Users who prefer to use the command line interface or single-click obfuscation and encoding of VBScript and html in an entire project are able to compose a so-called build script. A build script is a special project-specific perl program that is a smart stand-alone replacement for a project-specific Makefile which already includes the functionality of the Make utility. For a project using Obfuscation Project Manager for ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder, just invoke that buildscript to perform operation such as cleaning all output files, reprotecting only changed files or reprotecting all files (with ability to specify only a subset of files).
- It can extract symbols for any API - just provide a directory with the files defining API
- Obfuscation Project Manager GUI allows easy generation of lists of symbols of some APIs (e.g. used in the project's code). Just put the library public API definitions (or even implementation files for the library) in to any directory, go to Tools->Extract symbols from the directory with source files and specify the name of that directory, and the types of symbols you wish to extract (global functions, global variables, type names etc).
- Protect VBScript inside string constants in any file with any programming language - Java, C/C++, C# or Pascal
- Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder, unlike other tools, can protect VBScript inside string constants in any file with any programming language like C/C++, Java, C# or Pascal. String constants should obey C-like syntax (begin with single or double quotes, end with same quotation character, and use C-style escape sequences with use of slashes); the constants to be protected should be wrapped into a call of some function or method.
- Developers just have to pass the name of that method (even with the name of object it's called on) to ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder and it will protect all source code in any string constants found between parentheses, even if other expressions appear between those parentheses - e.g. variables being concatenated, or even some other functions being called.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder has special debugging mode and unique tools to generate a list of symbols that can't be changed, saving development time.
- A special obfuscation mode is present in ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder that quickly adapts projects for obfuscation. When this mode is active, all symbols are prefixed using the same user-specified string (e.g. listOfCustomers becomes MyPrefix_listOfCustomers) thus making it easier to understand the error messages the script interpreter generates. Also, when this mode is active whitespace removal and integer and string mangling are turned off. There is no need to waste valuable time performing the trial-and-error process of obfuscation preparation!
- Due to the unique ability to extract symbols from html files (that allows the extraction of the ids of html elements and names of form fields) and the unique ability to extract all symbols exported by a given ActiveX or OCX control — not available with any other products — the preparation process is as short as possible.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder supports several advanced ways to generate obfuscated names including using shortest possible name.
- The following ways of generating obfuscated names are supported:
- prefixing symbol: listOfCustomers becomes; MyPrefix_listOfCustomers — great for debugging, since all error messages allow instant recovery of the symbol in the input file that caused the problem;
- using md5 sum with user-specified "salt": sample replacement is zd7b6a02ec5;
- using combinations of characters from a user-specified set: e.g. if set is "l" and "I" (i.e. capital 'i' and small 'L'), then names like "lIIlllIl" will be generated;
- shortest symbol name possible (great for minimizing output size) - so-called VBScript compression mode.
- All these ways (called "symbol name obfuscators" or "symbol manglers" in documentation ), except the first one (listOfCustomers-> MyPrefix_listOfCustomers) are irreversible. This guarantees that obfuscated VBScript is unrecoverable and difficult to analyze.
- All "symbolname manglers" can be applied to VBScript Protection Projects consisting of an arbitrary number of files.
- Mapping between original and replacement symbol names is stored along with the project so that the original name of a symbol can always be recalled.
- Users have the option to specify symbol replcement.
- Users have the option to list symbols that shouldn't be renamed (can be file specific). Strictly speaking, there are 2 types of such lists: ones in which symbols are checked case-sensitive, and others in which symbols are checked case-insensitive. Users can also define lists of suffixes that should be kept in symbols as-is (so everything before the suffix is mangled, while keeping suffix) — eg - if _onClick is in the list of suffixes to keep and md5 symbolname mangler is active, then openBtn_onClick it will be replaced with something like zd8ac37d6e_onClick, A symbols for standard interfaces used by VBScript are shipped with ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder. User can easily disable some of the exceptions in these shipped lists by designating some symbols as "antiexceptions" (these also can also be specified for each VBScript file in the project).
- There is an option to store a symbol map as a comment inside the protected version of each file.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder has state of the art support for the obfuscation and encoding of client-side and server-side VBScript scripts embedded into HTML, PHP, ASP and ASP.NET, WSH/WSC and of course in raw files.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder obfuscates and encodes VBScript both client-side or server-side, emebedded into HTML, ASP and ASP.NET files, as well as Windows Scripting Host and Windows Scripting Component files - by the use of special extractor and merger engines for HTML, for WSC, for WSH, for ASP and ASP.NET files, and client-side VBScript in PHP files.
- Files with HTML markup in which VBScript scripts are to be obfuscated can contain SSI (supported by IIS and Apache), ASP, ASP.NET and PHP fragments in them at any location - inside scripts (even inside string constants of the script!), inside event handlers and inside html markup (i.e. between < and >) - this feature is available only in ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder.
- Values of internalName attributes inside WSC files are obfuscated automatically.
- A special stand-alone utility to extract names and ids of form fields and other elements is also included with ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder. It is invoked automatically for files of VBScript Protection Project that are declared as files from whcih ids and names of form fields are to be extracted.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder also can protect html, php, .asp and .jsp and other files that don't contain any scripts at all!
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder is also an html obfuscator. It can remove html comments and redundant white space between html tags. Just assign a proper mode to the files that you wish to mangle. Html files with server-side markup (like .jsp, .asp, .php, .cfm) can also be mangled - html markup will be scrambled in them without touching server-side markup.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder has support for obfuscating dynamic VBScript code inside string arguments of "print()" calls and the like
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder supports obfuscation and encoding of dynamic VBScript - e.g. if pieces of VBScript code computed from various variables are output to the client using document.write() by the client-side VBScript code, the content of these pieces (e.g. names of variables in them) can be obfuscated.
- Also if client-side VBScript code is output by any server-side language (e.g. ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, PHP, C/C++ or Perl), then the pieces of VBScript code can be obfuscated inside the strings that are arguments of the desired method calls of the server-side language (i.e. ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder can modify any server-side language too!).
- The arguments of those methods can include expressions that compute pieces of VBScript code using any operators and calls of other functions and methods; but only strings will be treated as VBScript code and their content will be obfuscated.
- Full support for projects consisting of several VBScript files and use of eval
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder, unlike other VBScript obfuscators or encoders, was designed with multi-file complex projects in mind. This means that with the same set of obfuscation parameters given to a VBScript symbol name will be obfuscated to the same name independant of its position and file location.
- In case some of the input files are changed, users can reprotect and redeploy only that file, without the need to reprotect entire VBScript project.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder also has support for code that uses eval() or any other statement that uses string containing names of variables or methods. Once properly marked up (by splitting the string into an expression that joins parts of the string and turning parts that contain only the name of variables or methods into calls of a special function), names of variables and functions in the string will be obfuscated properly. This allows the obfuscated VBScript code to work as the original. This functionality was first introduced in ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder among all obfuscators for VBScript. This manual "markup" gives 100% stability accross project rebuilds and is much more useful than automatic guesswork performed by other obfuscators for VBScript.
- If VBScript code contained in a string is too complex to split into parts by a programmer, users can use the unique feature of ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder - the ability to obfuscate dynamic VBScript code. More information and samples on obfuscation of dynamic VBScript code are available in the manual.
- Many options to tightly control the obfuscation and encoding of ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder
- As with all Stunnix products, ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder suite has many options to tightly control each aspect of operation. GUI (Obfuscation Project Manager) and commandline interfaces are equally capable.
- All names and semantics of commandline options are convenient and intuitive and follow GNU recommendations, forms in GUI are also easy to use and understand.
- To get an idea of how many options are available, please view the online demo .
- Ability to watermark VBScript and to make the study of changes between versions of the same file more difficult
- Among the variety of options that control each aspect of VBScript obfuscation and encoding, are ones that make obfuscated non-encoded versions of the same VBScript source code different from each other. This makes analysis of changes between different versions of the software much more difficult. Another use is distributing unique versions of the obfuscated VBScript code to each customer - this way developer can track which customer violated license conditions that resulted in distribution of the product on the internet.
- Key internal parameters of VBScript encoding already depend on random values so the encoded version of the same file will be different on each run. Developers just have to run ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder to produce file specific to each customer.
- ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder allows creation of lists of symbols that shouldn't be modified; Many exception tables for standard interfaces are included
- A very rich set of exception tables is included with ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder for VBScript core functions, W3C html model, non-standard Mozilla and MSIE html models, DOM, DOM Events, CSS model, SVG, XPATH and even XUL. Also exceptions for ASP, ADO, WSH and WSC frameworks are included. Each table is stored in a separate file whic makes it easy to select which sets of tables to use.
- Users have an option to list symbols that shouldn't be renamed (such list can be attached to each file individually). Strictly speaking, there are 2 types of lists, ones in which symbols are checked case-sensitive, and others in which symbols are checked case-insensitive. Users can also define lists of suffixes that should be kept in symbols as-is (so everything before the suffix is mangled, while keeping suffix the same) — that is if _onClick is in the list of such suffixes to keep and md5 symbolname mangler is active, then openBtn_onClick it will be replaced with something like zd8ac37d6e_onClick, User can easliy disable some of the exceptions in these shipped lists by designating some symbols as "antiexceptions" (these also can also be specified for each VBScript file in the project).
- Due to the unique ability to extract symbols from html files (that allows the extaction of the ids of html elements and names of form fields) and the unique ability to extract all symbols expored by a given ActiveX or OCX control — not available with any other products — the generation of custom lists of exceptions is easy, fast and almost fully automated.
- Obfuscated and/or encoded code runs on any VBScript interpreter
- Unlike output of some ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder encoders, the VBScript code obfuscated and/or encoded by ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder runs on any fully-compliant VBScript interpreter, including ones that are included with most popular browsers.
- Now exceptions can be specified as "foo.bar" - in this case, both "foo" and "bar" are treated as exceptions.
- Added better handling for Const declarations.
- Added workaround for Networking code in Mac OS X Leopard that prevented projects from being imported.
- Added menu items to Project menu to open project's input and output directory in Finder when running on Mac OS X.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1 Screenshot
Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1 Keywords
Bookmark Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1
Stunnix ASP and VBScript Obfuscator and Encoder 4.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.