Web Site Maestro 7.3
Web Site Maestro 7.3 Ranking & Summary
Web Site Maestro 7.3 description
Web Site Maestro 7.3 is designed as a professional program that speeds up your site by optimizing both HTML and script code of your web pages and optimizing your JPEG and PNG images. It helps you keep organized by creating a duplicate site folder for the optimized files. An added benefit is that it leaves your original files untouched. You should use your original web folder for editing and use the duplicate web folder for uploading.
Web Site Maestro features Smart Handling, supports XML and can handle web pages with any text encoding. Moreover, it can check your web pages for dangling tags, missing attributes and broken links. An integrated FTP/WebDAV Client enables one-click optimizing and uploading, even to a parent site and mirror sites in one pass, also in secure mode. You can synchronize your entire web site with your local web folder or synchronize a single remote folder. Web Site Maestro offers many options to customize its operation to your special needs. Drag and drop is fully supported.
- Optimizing Web Files: The main function offered by Web Site Maestro is optimizing web pages and JPEG/PNG images. That is, it cuts down image size considerably and it saves space on your web pages by removing unnecessary characters and tags. Most HTML Editors add such things for their own purposes and to make the code easier for the user to read. On your website, such coding is unnecessary. Furthermore, it slows down load time.
- Optimizing and Uploading Web Files: The second function offered by Web Site Maestro is a combination of Optimizing and Uploading in one pass. You can optimize and upload all web files, a single web file, or the ones you have "dragged and dropped". More details about this feature are presented in the chapter "Drop Window."
- Uploading Non-Optimized Files: The third available function enables you to upload your other (non-optimized) files, for example PDF, GIF or SWF files. You can choose to upload one file or the files from one folder. This function does not permit you to upload files from your entire web folder or from a folder in recursive mode, as you can do with optimized web files.
- However, a very easy method to upload all files is synchronizing your website with your local web folder - see the chapter Transfer Menu.
- Checking Tagged Pairs: The fourth function is for checking the tagged pair structure of your original web pages. Dangling tags will be reported. IMG tags are checked for the presence of the Width, Height and Alt attributes. You can choose to add missing Width and Height attributes with their pixel values. If you don't have QuickTime installed, then only GIF, JPEG, and BMP images are supported. Go to download page for QuickTime for Windows XP/Vista. AREA tags are checked for the presence of Alt attributes. You can also choose to add missing Alt attributes to IMG and AREA tags and attach an empty string or, for example, the string "FindMe" to enable you to easily find and replace a string by a more meaningful caption. You can perform this job in a separate, resizable text window and save the changes to the original file.
- It is recommended that you check prior to optimizing if any Alt, Width or Height attributes need to be added by choosing the "Check (and Complete) Tags" function. You can decide if you want to have this action performed on the fly while optimizing, by checking the "Add Missing ..." checkboxes in the Optimization Options section under the Optimizer Tab in Options.
- If you choose to add alt strings which are not empty, then you better not choose to do it on the fly while optimizing, to save you the extra work of manually copying the changes from the optimized web pages to the original web pages.
- Checking the Validity of Hyperlinks: The fifth function is checking the validity of your hyperlinks. Your original pages are checked for broken "href" and "src" links. These are checked for the file to which they point. Links that start with "../" up to "../../../../../" are checked for their real path.
- By default only internal links are checked. In Options, under the Miscellaneous Tab, you can choose to check external links as well. However, that will take more time and #anchors are not tested then. External links are qualified as broken when a "404 - Not Found" error occurs or when a timeout occurs before the headers are retrieved. Broken external links will be displayed in bold text. If you double-click such a line in the Log, the URL will be copied to the clipboard. That will enable you to paste the URL in your browser in order to check the link again. Sometimes a link flagged as broken is only temporarily broken.
- If you discover that valid links are wrongly flagged, then you may consider if case could be the cause. In Options you can choose to ignore case (which is not recommended).
- If you have used the Check Tags function or the Check Links function then you have the option of editing the code in a separate, resizable text window and saving the changes to the original file. Without leaving the program you could, for example, correct a broken link, save the changes, and perform the Check Links function again to determine if the broken link has been fixed.
- Added the option to put custom Site Analytics code just before the /body tag of each optimized file, for each web folder separately.
- Improved reliability and speed of FTP and FTPS uploading.
- Fixed a bug that could inadvertently change the Smart Handling mode.
Web Site Maestro 7.3 Screenshot
Web Site Maestro 7.3 Keywords
Bookmark Web Site Maestro 7.3
Web Site Maestro 7.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Web Site Maestro 7.6.1
- Web Site Maestro 7.6
- Web Site Maestro 7.5.3
- Web Site Maestro 7.5.2
- Web Site Maestro 7.5.2
- Web Site Maestro 7.5.1
- Web Site Maestro 7.5
- Web Site Maestro 7.3.2
- Web Site Maestro 7.2.4
- Web Site Maestro 7.2.3
- Web Site Maestro 7.2.2
- Web Site Maestro 7.2.1
- Web Site Maestro 7.1
- Web Site Maestro 7.0
- Web Site Maestro 6.7.4