Web Site Maestro 8.6.5
Web Site Maestro 8.6.5 Ranking & Summary
Web Site Maestro 8.6.5 description
Web Site Maestro protects your original web files by creating a Duplicate Web Folder for the optimized files. Thus, it leaves your original files untouched. You should use your Original Web Folder for editing and use the Duplicate Web Folder for uploading.
Web Site Maestro also features Smart Handling, supports XML, and can handle web pages with any text encoding. Moreover, the program can also check your web pages for dangling tags, missing attributes and broken links. A built-in FTP/WebDAV Client enables one-click optimizing and uploading, also in secure mode. Synchronizing your website with your Duplicate Web Folder is one of the many available options.
- Optimizing Web Files: The main function offered by Web Site Maestro is optimizing web pages and JPEG/PNG images. That is, it cuts down image size considerably and it saves space on your web pages by removing unnecessary characters and tags. Most HTML Editors add such things for their own purposes and to make the code easier for the user to read. On your website, such coding is unnecessary. Furthermore, it slows down load time.
- Optimizing and Uploading Web Files: The second function offered by Web Site Maestro is a combination of Optimizing and Uploading in one pass. You can optimize and upload all web files, a single web file, or the ones you have "dragged and dropped". More details about this feature are presented in the chapter "Drop Window."
- Checking Tagged Pairs: The third function is for checking the tagged pair structure of your original web pages. Dangling tags will be reported. IMG tags are checked for the presence of the Width, Height and Alt attributes. You can choose to add missing Width and Height attributes with their pixel values. If you don't have QuickTime installed, then only GIF, JPEG, and BMP images are supported. In that case, go to the download page for QuickTime for Windows XP/Vista/7. AREA tags are checked for the presence of Alt attributes. You can choose to add missing Width and Height attributes with their pixel values. If you don't have QuickTime installed, then only GIF, JPEG and BMP images are supported. You can also choose to add missing Alt attributes with an empty string to IMG and AREA tags. You can perform this job in a separate, resizable text window and save the changes to the original file.
- You may check prior to optimizing if any Alt, Width or Height attributes need to be added by choosing the "Check (and Complete) Tags" function. You can decide if you want to have this action performed on the fly while optimizing, by checking the "Add Missing ..." checkboxes in the Optimization Options section under the Optimizer Tab in Options.
- Checking the Validity of Hyperlinks: The fourth function is checking the validity of your hyperlinks. Your original pages are checked for broken "href" and "src" links. These are checked for the file to which they point. Links that start with "../" up to "../../../../../" are checked for their real path. Broken hyperlinks of the type and are also found, even if only "item1" has changed.
- By default only internal links are checked. In Options, under the Miscellaneous Tab, you can choose to check external links as well. However, that will take more time and #anchors are not tested then. External links are qualified as broken when a "404 - Not Found" error occurs or when a 30 secs timeout occurs before the headers are retrieved. Broken external links will be displayed in bold text. If you double-click such a line in the Log, the URL will be copied to the clipboard. That will enable you to paste the URL in your browser in order to check the link again. Sometimes a link flagged as broken is only temporarily broken.
- If you discover that valid links are wrongly flagged, then you may consider if case could be the cause. In Options you can choose to ignore case (which is not recommended).
- If you have used the Check Tags function or the Check Links function then you have the option of editing the code in a separate, resizable text window and saving the changes to the original file. Without leaving the program you could, for example, correct a broken link, save the changes, and perform the Check Links function again to determine if the broken link has been fixed.
- All optimizers optimize JPEG and PNG images, cutting down image size by about half.
- To help you keep organized, a duplicate web folder is created for the optimized web files. Your original files are left untouched.
- The Smart Handling feature enables you to automatically handle only the pages that you have changed.
- You can exclude certain files and/or folders from being optimized.
- Drag and Drop is fully supported. On the program's Drop Spot you can drop a web folder, subfolders or files.
- In the Options panel you can customize the optimization options.
- HTML-Optimizer Plus and Web Site Maestro can upload your optimized files while using Smart Handling, also in secure mode.
- Updated some dialog windows.
- Fixed some minor bugs occurring in rare situations.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
Web Site Maestro 8.6.5 Screenshot
Web Site Maestro 8.6.5 Keywords
Bookmark Web Site Maestro 8.6.5
Web Site Maestro 8.6.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.