CamLAN 3.0 Ranking & Summary
CamLAN 3.0 description
CamLAN 3.0 allows you to see your WebCam/NetCam video on all PCs within your LAN or over the Internet. It supports Webcams, Netcams (IP-Cams) (in still picture mode and in motion-JPEG mode) and all video devices which are working with an up to date driver for Windows.
CamLAN has a built-in video network server/client functionality which shows the video from all connected video devices on all PCs. Addtional CamLAN has an integrated webserver! So you could easily view all cameras live by simple HTTP request in your webpage. The webserver makes it possible to control the program from remote. You could start/stop the video recording, capture a picture and start an external program. Picture capturing and video recording with timestamps and an overlay image is possible. Multiple languages support!
- CamLAN is the ultimate solution for viewing all of your video devices from all PCs in your network.
- It supports WebCams, NetCams (IP-Cams) and all video devices which are working with an up to date driver for Windows.
- It includes a Network Server Client functionality to send the video from all cameras from one server PC to all connected client PCs and vice versa and it includes a Webserver for direct access of all camera videos via simple HTTP request!
- From CamLANs point of view the cameras are divided into 3 groups.
- NetCams (IP-Cams) which are accessible through their IP-address. These are cameras within your LAN, WAN or from the Internet. CamLAN supports Netcams running in the still picture mode and Netcams which are streaming their video in the motion-JPEG (MJPEG) and in the MPEG-4 format!
- WebCams and additional video devices like TV Tuner, grabber/capture cards, etc.. These cameras are mostly direct connected to the PC via USB, parallel port or built-in. If you are using several USB devices parallel, please know, that the USB bandwidth is the limit. Use active USB hubs in critical cases!
- RemoteCams - These are all cameras which are receiving their video from a further instance of CamLAN (CamUniversal or CamPermanent). With the integrated Video Network it is possible to send and receive the video from all cameras which are running at a further instance of CamLAN. All cameras of the first two categories could be a RemoteCam. So you could view all webcams connected to PC1 on all PCs connected to your network.
- Picture Capture
- All pictures could be captured in different formats ( JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF ).
- The picture resolution could be the original resolution or a custom resolution.
- The picture could be colored, grayscale, black & white, with time, date or text output, with an overly logo image, with transparency or not.
- The picture filename could be built from a custom selected text, the current time, the current date and/or a number!
- Video Record
- CamLAN uses the DirectShow component of DirectX for the video recording. So you could use all in your system installed video and audio codecs and all installed video and audio devices for the video recording.
- CamLAN supports a timestamp into the video. This timestamp could be the current time/date a usertext and additional a logo bitmap.
- Introduction to DirectShow
- Microsoft® DirectShow® is an architecture for streaming media on the Microsoft Windows® platform. DirectShow provides for high-quality capture and playback of multimedia streams. It supports a wide variety of formats, including Advanced Systems Format (ASF), Motion Picture Experts Group (MPEG), Audio-Video Interleaved (AVI), MPEG Audio Layer-3 (MP3), and WAV sound files. It supports capture from digital and analog devices based on the Windows Driver Model (WDM) or Video for Windows. DirectShow is integrated with other DirectX technologies. It automatically detects and uses video and audio acceleration hardware when available, but also supports systems without acceleration hardware.
- Video Network
- The video network is used to transfer the camera picture from all video client PCs to the video server and backwards. You have to run at least two instances of CamLAN (CamUniversal or CamPermanent) on two PCs to use the video network.
- With the integrated Webserver all camera videos are accessible through a direct HTTP request. So you could very easily build a webpage where all your camera videos are viewable from the Internet or your home/company LAN ( Live Cam ). Additional the webserver enables the possibility to control the program from remote. You could start/stop the camera preview, the video recording and capture a picture. For each camera separately! Additional you could start all programs which are installed on your system from remote through the webserver.
- Media Viewer
- With the integrated Media Viewer you could view the captured pictures and videos from your harddrive. You could delete files, create and delete directories.
- Multiple languages are supported: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Turkish, Polish, Danish, Chinese, Norwegian. Additional languages follows from time to time!
- Improved startup/close
- Mjpeg timeout
- Check IP address
- Support of Vivotek, DigiLAN mpeg-4 stream
- Internal improvements
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
CamLAN 3.0 Screenshot
CamLAN 3.0 Keywords
Bookmark CamLAN 3.0
CamLAN 3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- FLV 3GP PSP Video Converter SDK ActiveX 4.0
- VideoEdit Mobile Video Converter ActiveX 4.01
- Video Edit Pro ActiveX SDK 2.04
- VisioForge Video Capture SDK (ActiveX Version) 3.60
- VISCOM Video Edit Pro ActiveX SDK 2.60
- Xilisoft Video Converter Standard 5.1.3.0926
- ImTOO MPEG Encoder Ultimate 5.0.99.0801
- Kates Video Toolkit 2.454